I wondered through her corridors for a bit, before I heard muffled sobs coming from a bathroom. I knocked gently, the sound of someone hurriedly getting up on the other side of the door.

"Who is it?"

"Just Ash, we were starting to miss you at the table"

There was a pause before I heard the click of a lock, turning the handle to Flo on the other side, red, puffy eyes fixed on the floor.

"Flo are you okay?"

"Oh Zach and I just had a bit of an argument. Nothing I can't handle though, I'm used to it. Thank you for checking"

I'm used to it

I hadn't known Flo very long, but I knew her enough to know she didn't deserve to be with someone who made her cry. It took every fibre in my body to not leave her house and got scream at Zach. But I didn't. Instead, I wiped her eyes, reapplied her makeup and returned to the others with her as if nothing was wrong.

We acted like the call hadn't happened, playing stupid drinking games and braiding each other's hair in a drunken haze. We all laughed at Scarlett after she found a thirst trap of herself on TikTok, trying to recreate the scenes from the edit.

Lizzie found an old karaoke set from a party Flo had when she first moved in, doing a lovely rendition of 'Wannabe' by the Spice girls, getting us all up and singing for the chorus. We danced without a care in the world until around 2 am when Scarlett, Lizzie and I left in a taxi, Flo whispering a final thank you in my ear as we hugged goodbye.

────・⋅◦⋅・────

════════════════════════LATE NIGHT FEELINGS & HAPPIER THAN EVER BREAK RECORDS════════════════════════

LATE NIGHT FEELINGS & HAPPIER THAN EVER BREAK RECORDS
════════════════════════

════════════════════════LATE NIGHT FEELINGS & HAPPIER THAN EVER BREAK RECORDS════════════════════════

Ash Laurier has started their music career — and with a bang.

The singer-songwriter's first album, Late Night Feelings, has officially broken the Spotify record for the most album streams in a single day during the 24 hours of its release. The streaming service announced the news on Friday, almost a month since its release. happier than ever also broke records, accumulating 24 million global streams within its first day, breaking the record for most song streams in a single day and also for the most single-day streams in the US at over 4.2 million.

Fans were wondering why it took the Spotify so long to announce, but Spotify has already responded by saying

'When we first saw the figures we thought it was an error in our systems as no artist has come close, especially on a debut album. Congratulations to Laurier on this amazing achievement'

When she announced the album release in early November, the model faced a lot of sceptics telling her to stick to modelling. Music fans everywhere are certainly glad they didn't listen. 

────・⋅◦⋅・────

a/n
Hope you're enjoying
the book x