𝐕. 𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤. 𝐞𝐩 𝐈.

˚☽˚

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐦𝐞."

𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫/𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: small ableism

𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐫 𝐈𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤. 𝐞𝐩 𝐈.

   The next day he walked the halls, having to listen to Miguel try to convince Demetri not to quit Karate.

   "I got yelled at, got my ass kicked, and then gave him my money. You know who lives like that? Wren- tell him who lives like that." Demetri elbows him. 

   "Hookers." Wren replies, without looking up from his phone. 

   "Yeah, that's right. Hookers, Miguel."

   "Yeah, but-but he's not that bad of a guy," Miguel reasons "You gotta give him a chance- you just don't know him like I do!" Wren scoffs.

   "Uh, that's hooker talk. Besides, I don't need to learn Karate when I have you two, huh. I mean you kicked Kyler's ass- and Wren is just plain intimidating."

   "Huh?" Wren looks up just in time to see Kyler stop in his tracks as he sees them- only to turn on his heel and walk in the complete opposite direction. "See? Nobody's going to mess with you guys." They round the corner- slipping into biology class. He branches off and heads for his seat in the back of the class. 

   Sam Larusso walks in not long after with a blow pop stuck to her sweater. Wren thinks it's kind of stupid, plenty of kids are having sex at this age, but when it's Samantha Larusso the crowd goes wild. 

   The teacher closes the door and walks to the front of the room- cracking a sick joke about the fetal pigs they're dissecting today. A figure ducks through the door when the teacher turns his back- and nobody seems to notice.

   Apollo slides into the empty chair next to him.

   "What the hell are you doing here?" Wren whispers to the boy- last he checked Apollo isn't in biology.

   "I didn't feel like going to my class- and dissecting pigs sounds fuckin' fun." Wren rolls his eyes and stifles a smile. "And at least you're not working alone now"

   "I wanted to work alone." 

   "No you didn't." Wren flips the pig over in spite, starts examining the umbilical cord and ties the legs to their ankles. "You don't even have the book open"