"Get in the car." I shook my head pushing him.

"Billy, come on. It's nothing, just something with his girlfriend she's drunk and they're leaving too. Please." He rolled his eyes and we left.

-

The next day I avoided both Nancy and Steve. Not that Nancy did anything wrong, it's just that with Nancy comes Steve. And i'm not sure i'm ready for him. I keep playing the words he said in my head over and over. And the sting is just the same.

I headed to the library to study and get my mind off the whole Steve thing only to be pulled into the office room.

I locked eyes with Steve. His face looked upset and devastated, but I couldn't let him get to me. I went for the door, but he stopped me with his arm.

"Please, Liz. Just let me talk." I rolled my eyes and looked at him.

"Are you sure you wanna talk, because you're right, i'm the new kid and Nancy isn't here so you don't have to?" He sighed and looked into my brown eyes, and I looked into his.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I was so mad, and upset over what Nancy said, that I wasn't thinking straight. None of what I said was true. I promise." I scoffed.

"Yeah, but Nancy was drunk, and guess what, you weren't. So obviously you meant some of it." He shook his head at me.

"Stop, please. I'm so sorry. Nancy really does care for you a lot, and I don't wanna ruin things between you two over something stupid I said." The bell rang and he sighed. "Listen, meet me after school. I will try and make it up to you." I sighed and nodded while walking out the door.

-

STEVE HARRINGTON POV

I was playing basketball in gym, dribbling the ball and trying to block Billy.

"Harrington, right? You made my sister upset, and I heard you used to run this school. Is that true?" I really wasn't in the mood to talk to this ass, but he just kept pushing up against me. "King Steve, they used to call you, huh? Then you turn, bitch."

"Hey, maybe you should just shut up and just play the game." He then pushed me down taking the ball. I got up quickly and Billy threw the ball under his leg shooting.

God I hate him.

"Steve?" I look over and Nancy is standing there at the doors.

We ended up at the ally. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"What do you think? Where were you this morning? I missed first period."

"I figured Johnathan would take you."

"Wha... What are you talking about?" She asked, and she seriously looked confused.

I scoffed. "Jesus, you really can't handle your alcohol. Uh, you remember going to Tina's party last night, right?"

"Yes."

"And then what?"

"I remember dancing, and... spilling some punch. You got mad at me because I was drunk... and then you took me home."

I scoffed again. "No, see, that's where your mind gets a little fuzzy. See, that was your other boyfriend. That was... that was Johnathan."

"I don't understand."

"It's pretty simple, Nancy. You were just telling it like it is." I said holding onto the towel around my neck.

"Uh... apparently, uh... we killed Barb and I don't care, 'cause i'm bullshit... and our whole... relationship is bullshit, and... I mean, pretty much everything is just bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. Oh, yeah, also, you don't love me."