Chapter1

Deja's POV

"Miss Brown you will be staying with your childhood nanny, Grace." said the health care lady.

"I'll be glad to ma'am" I said with a smile. Internally rejoicing over the fact that I get to stay with life long nanny. She's always been there since my mom died and I went through that horrible time. It was nice to know that I'll be staying with her.

"See you next time" she replied back.

I got out the cold room and the warm air hit my face like thin air. I went down the stairs to meet with Grace. She sat in the lounge just looking at her palms.

"We can go now Grace" said I, smiling.

"Oh it's about time. That meeting took forever. So tell me whose in charge of you now?" she said, her smile fading away.

"It's this weird lady called Grace, never even heard of her"

"I hope you'll be happy Deja. Wait....I am Grace. I am the lady you've never heard of" she said with a smile reaching her eyes.

"Yes you are Grace!" I said returning the eye reaching smile.

In a few weeks we were settled into our new home, Maplewood Heights. Nice estate though.

Here I am, seated on the couch watching sponge bob and not even giving a two shids about school. I must say I am not the fun type, always reserved. Been the girl with a horrible and a not so bright future. It's better to blend into the lockers than to be seen as bright as a diamond. In this case I'll go with the locker idea. It's not everyone who would like a straight A student who is curvy and super shy at the same time. No one would like a girl who has never even dreamt of having sex yet having a boyfriend. Once again, the locker idea is great. All my life I have been tortured by guys and men and I have never had courage. Ask them why and they will tell me I have something special. I treasure it so much ain't nobody got time to mess with me. I am talking from the inside right now and the outside is not so.......

"Deeejaaaaa!!!!"

"I am coming Grace." I shouted back.

"You need to get ready for your first day tomorrow" she said, concentrating on her chopping.

"You know Grace, I don't think I'm ready for this. I mean look at what I've been through. I don't need any other person to break down the wall I have half completed"

"You are my strong little girl Deja. I know you can go through it. And no matter what happens you will find the right one."

"Good luck with that, who ever you are."

I did a quick hygiene and wore my toy story crop top and sweatpants and instantly fell onto a well layered grass with red and white roses scattered all over it. Just joking it's my bed.

Authors Note
I know this is a short chapter to begin with but it will become longer before you even know it. This book was inspired by my life actually and how it is being me. Well you still gotta live life.
Shout out to my squad, they are the best.

Don't forget to vote and comment. Love you

Check out my instagram page and see upcoming updates on Chasing Deja Vu's. @xkowa.amention a user