i like the new look! m.am (haikyuu)

wc: 0.6k
genre: fluff, mascot!atsumu, part-timer! gn!reader, childhood best friends
warnings: explicit language, flipping off osamu :0

Miya Atsumu is fuming— as if he wasn't already hot inside this ridiculous suit— at his brother through the netted eyes of the oversized onigiri he's disguised as.

When he'd returned home for holiday, he hadn't expected to be stuffed in the Onigiri Miya mascot the moment he'd offered to help out in the restaurant. This was not how he planned thing to go.

Miya Atsumu was supposed to strut in the restaurant in all his glory because, yes, he'd turned the TV on to the sports channel, where they portrayed his winning match, and he'd have to elaborate his experience to the awestruck customers, having stolen the show from his brother's signature onigiri (realistically, that's not possible).

"Hey! Ya better start bouncing around and spinning that sign!" Yells Osamu, pressed against the doorframe with crossed arms. Atsumu groans, flinging his arms around in a childish manner, though it really looks like he's dancing awkwardly in that suit, which Osamu accepts either way and descends back into his restaurant.

"Oh? I didn't know we had a new part-timer," You comment as you look out the window. Osamu laughs a little, "Oh, no, that's Atsumu." Almost immediately abandoning your post, you wipe your hands vigorously on your apron as you decide to take a closer look through the window– as if that'd help see through that suit.

"Tsumu's here? When did he arrive back home?"

"Hey, whoa, hold yer horses. Ya still got work to do, Y/N." He doesn't give into the sour look you give him, pushing and urging you back to the cashier. "But- that's not fair-"

"Ah-ah," Tuts Osamu, dragging your work cap lowered to your brows. "Ya can see him on yer break, I promise."

"...fine."

Atsumu twirls and jumps and poses like his life depends on it, earning him mercy of his brother and attention of pedestrians. Faint occasional comments on how cute his suit looks and less than often pictures motivate him a bit more, though he feels a little stupid about it.

It's when he's about to do the greatest leap of his life when Osamu calls out for him, a teasing and shit-eating grin adorned on his lips. Atsumu knows very well he looks silly waddling due to the lack of leg space, but he doesn't care because he's sweating his balls off and he needs this well deserved break.

"Take a break, ya sweaty pig. And, uh, Y/N's shift just ended. They're in the back if ya wanna see 'em."

Oh, shit. Frankly, this whole vacation was to see you, but he hadn't expected to see you in this.

"Can I change outta this?" Asks Atsumu, Osamu had never witnessed him so timid, it's hilarious. "...no."

Agh, fuck him anyway, what had Atsumu expected? With the pettiest frown, he walks away after flipping his brother off, slipping out of a majority off the suit.

Ignoring the teasing comments some employees give him with a cold glare, Atsumu starts to grow frustrated at the fact that he just can't slip out of the bottom half of the suit. He supposes you'll have to help in the back.

Atsumu finds you reading a novel out in the back, munching on an onigiri Osamu made for you himself, seeming unfazed when the door slams open

"...hey," He greets. Shoulders shrugged up a little, you take a good look at your childhood friend, unable to suppress the little snickers bubbling in your throat. Atsumu deadpans as he watches you cover your stuffed mouth with your book, "Don't."

"I won't, I won't," You say with a thick swallow of your bite, eyes casted to your book as if coping to stop laughing. The boy decides to sit next to you and accepts the remainder of your meal when you offer it to him with an extended hand.

"I, uh," You start in a jittery manner. "I like the new look,"

Atsumu breaks out in a fit of chuckles, pinching your side when you tell him what you'd said wasn't funny. "Jesus christ," He pants, wiping his brow. "I missed ya, Y/N."

"Your humor is in shambles, Tsumu," You say. "But I missed you too."

a/n: tee hee a little atsumu before i go travelling