Chapter Eight

Nora had spent most her days studying and learning everything she could. Tammy had left after a day, expressing her concerns of leaving her beautiful house alone with the males she resided with.

"Have you got any scary stories?" a voice asked as Nora had set her bedding for the night. She turned to look at the woman her age with the night sky eyes. Nora lowered her head, biting her lip and shaking her head.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..." she mumbled, hands waving in front of her. she tapped a long finger to her lip.

"Sienna, stop scary our guest, I will growl at you." A small woman walked in with long dark hair.

"I'm sorry." Sienna quickly added, a blush covering her cheeks. Her freckles standing out.

"It's ok." Nora shook her head, trying to fight the need to submit. She squared her shoulders and smiled. "Sadly, no scary stories." She replied.

"Aw, bummer." Sienna pouted.

"Don't worry, prince charming to the rescue." A male walked in with a big smile. he winked at Nora. Nora looked down, hating the attention.

"You are not a prince." Sienna scowled.

"Or charming." The other woman interjected. The male pouted.

"You wound my pride."

"Ouch, twice burned." A woman with blonde hair winced as she walked in.

"Cadie." The male whined. Cadie shook her head before turning to Nora.

"I'm Cadence and this annoying sack of flesh is Amos." She jerked her thumb in the male's direction.

"I'm Evie and Tai should be along soon; he was getting marshmallow." Evie grinned.

"Someone say my name?" the male holding a few packets of marshmallows walked in. he walked over to Evie, giving her a peck on the lips before turning his smile to Nora.

"I'm Tai." He waved, throwing a packet of marshmallows in her direction. Nora caught them, taking a seat on her bed.

"Do you mind?" Sienna asked, gesturing to her bed. Nora shook her head, offering her a seat on her bed. Sienna smiled; it was like the there were stars in her eyes. Nora found herself starring. She blinked and turned away.

"Sorry." She mumbled.

"No, don't be. I don't mind at all." Sienna touched the leopard's arms. She had seen her a handful of time, accompanied by a male she knew as one of Mercy's brothers. She expected the cat to flinched, instead she scooted a little closer. Her lips curved up, she snuggled into the woman beside her.

"I'm Elenora, but please call me Nora." She introduced, glancing up and around.

"I love the name." Cadence clapped her hands together. "Imagine having a name like Amos, sounds like aimless if you ask me." She whispered.

"Has anyone seen some golf clubs around? Cadie must return them to the range."

"Ha bloody ha, golf jokes." Cadence rolled her eyes.

"Imagine a name like Judd, sounds like Spud to me." Evie added with her finger tapping her lip. Sienna snorted, Tai scowled, Cadence and Amos burst into laughter.

"Fucking Spud, I love it!" Amos hollered.

Nora found herself smiling, enjoying the wolves company. They made her feel at peace though something felt off within her, like something was wrong. Shaking the thought from her head, she returned her attention to the group. She didn't expect the Psy next to her to be so warm and friendly, she could sense she was powerful for her age too.