The lady herself was unconscious.

"NOONA!!! NOONA, WAKE UP!!! NOONA!!!" Sung Jae, Go Eun's brother, reached for her sister's body, shaking in fear.

"Oh God, not my daughter. Please, Go Eun. Wake up, Child. This is Abeoji. Go Eun-ah!"

"GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!"

Min Ho had pushed his way through. When he reached his previous seat, he saw someone holding an unconscious, bleeding Go Eun.

His world was destroyed then and there.

"GO EUN-AH!!!" he bellowed, grabbing her body from Sung Jae, not recognizing who he was, or the crying old man beside them.

"No, no, no, no!!! My lady! Don't leave me!!! Please!" he said frantically, mind shattering, shaking her body almost violently, "Go Eun-ah!!!". The body he held so lovingly a few hours ago was motionless, the face devoid of any expression, the eyes closed.

"GO EUN-AH!!!! JEBAL, GO EUN, GAJIMA!!! GAJIMAAA!!!"

(Gajima = Don't go)

Jo Yeong crept beside Min Ho to reach one of Go Eun's wrist.

"My Lord, she's still alive."

But Min Ho didn't hear him.

"Gajima, sarang-ah, I beg you, I beg you. Open your eyes, please, please........"

"My Lord,"

"Go Eun-ah!" Min Ho called, voice cracking.

"My Lord,"

"Don't leave me..........."

"PRINCE!!!" Jo Yeong shouted.

Min Ho halted and turned to his bodyguard.

"She's still alive. I felt there was a pulse."

For several seconds, he didn't get what Jo Yeong was saying.

Jo Yeong held his lord's shoulders.

"My Lord. She. Is. Still alive."

"Oh. Oh. Jjinjja?"

"Yes. We need to get the doctor and bring her to your palace."

"Ahrasseo. Do it. Do it quick!"

"Here," Jo Yeong stretched his hands, "Let me carry her."

Min Ho tightened his hold on his wife.

"No. I'll—I'll carry her. Get me a horse. And then you run and get the doctor."

"Algesseumnida" Jo Yeong bowed.

Jo Yeong stood up and looked down at Sung Kyung's body.

I'll take care of you later.

"Wrap her body properly and bring her to the Grand Prince's palace" he said to his men.

"If the Princess gains consciousness, make sure she doesn't see Sung Kyung-ssi's body. Go get a horse for the Grand Prince and make sure he arrives safely in his palace. I'm going to go get the doctor."

Jo Yeong left immediately.

A horse arrived from the Imperial Stables for the Grand Prince and he mounted it, Sung Jae helping him to lift Go Eun's body on the horse.

Without acknowledging anyone, Min Ho nudged the sides of the horse with his legs and he raced to his quarters in the imperial palace.

**************************************

Min Ho couldn't ride as fast as he wanted, afraid it would hurt Go Eun more. Still he arrived faster in his palace than if he went with a palanquin.

There were only six guards there, and he didn't pay any heed to them, carrying his wife straight to their bed. He had tied his belt around her open wound, and it was already soaked with her blood again by then.