left in the cold absence of light ∕ dying suns

in this dying light, in the abysmal state of darkness, he calls, she answers, she bleeds, heheals, he dies, she revives

of darkness, he calls, she answers, she bleeds, he
heals, he dies, she revives. in this dying light, in
this lost world, if she is the falling sun then he is
her rising moon.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
the BALLAD of NILA VALEN and DIN DJARIN

 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━the BALLAD of NILA VALEN and DIN DJARIN

              WHAT IS DEATH?

     Every person ever brought up through war remembers the first time death became no longer an inevitable ending of the future but a reality of the present that adhered to no such laws. The first taste of metallic red flooding their every sense; how it infects without a cure, how clings like a second skin. An impermeable layer that slowly becomes just another part of their body, an extension of the brutality.

     For Nila Valen, death first came to her in the form of Liv Katri's blood pooling in her palms on the war-ravaged planet of Reilon. Slaughtered on the frozen land, a victim of the cruel war splitting the galaxy apart, Master Katri's demise is a stain smeared across her body. With the Jedi positioned at the forefront of the intergalactic conflict of the Clone Wars, their ledger grows more tainted with each passing day. Liv Katri was only one in a field of millions of lives lost. From Jedi to clones to innocent citizens of the universe, death is all-consuming.

     Even when Master Katri's place as her teacher is refilled by the seemingly unconquerable Jedi Master Venus Akuna, Nila knows what possible horrors are hiding behind every corner she turns━such is when a child is raised in a war.

     Before Nila even has the chance to realize they've come again, the horrors have already invaded what was once considered the haven of the Jedi━the Temple of Coruscant.

     Hundreds slain in an act of unscrupulous violence brought about by one of their own that is tormented with fear and overrun by the allure of power. In the corrupted gaze of Anakin Skywalker, her death is cemented when the man she held as a towering inspiration drove his azure blade of light through her body.