food forging

Hattie wakes up when the lights turn on, taking a minute to remember where she was and how she got there. She quickly scurries off of the plushies she slept on during the night and ran behind a box filled with props. She heard some distant talks but nothing too distinct. Being a child, her curiosity got the better of her and she began to move toward the red doors again, slipping through and dashing behind some more boxes before she could be seen.

She saw 4 people enter the room.

A tall lengthy man with black hair and a suit on.

A man with a hat covering his eyes, also wearing a suit.

A 'chunky' man with shades on and a simple red and white t-shirt on.

And lastly a fat man with a mustache and big nose.

"So boss, what're the plans for today?" The tall man asked, Hattie recognizing sarcasm laced in his voice.

"Philip, obviously we're filming again! We need to get as much content as we can, our ratings are starting to fall!" The 'boss' shouted at the tall man, who was named Philip. "Honestly do you not value your job?"

"'Ey, lighten up a bit will ya lad?" Hat guy said. "Will get tah workin' soon."

The boss said something else but it was too quiet for Hattie to hear and then he walked off, passing by Hattie's hiding spot without so much as a care, letting the girl breathe.

"Well, we can't start recording until the others get here so we might as well get something to eat." Philip said as he put his hands into his pockets. "I mean, c'mon, I know you guys missed breakfast and so did I, and the food's literally right there." Philip pointed towards a blue door with a sign above it saying 'Worker lounge.' 

"Well I think it's best if we get some things set up first, maybe we'll get a good ref or something." Casual man said as he walked over to one of the lights and grabbed it's cords. The other 2 quickly followed afterwards, grabbing and moving things around.

Hattie was broken from looking at them by her stomach growling at her, telling her to eat something. Hattie grabbed her midsection in an attempt to hush it, but she knew she needed something to eat sooner or later. Then, a metaphoric lightbulb shined above her. She looked at the worker lounge room, remembering Philip had said something about food being in there. It was a dangerous move of course, but she was willing to take it.