Chapter 1

I love you.

Please understand that if I could be the man you deserve I would. The sad true is that I'm not. So I'm leaving. Everything is settled. The house and car now belong to you. I left instructions with my secretary. The company is your do with it as you see fit. I signed the divorce papers and Walter has them. You can go to his office tomorrow and he'll answer any questions that you have. I apologize for braking your heart. Please don't hold my bad decisions against the next man you love. He will be all that you need. Because I'm not leaving town until the divorce is finalized. Nothing I'm doing has anything to do with the way you loved me. It has to do with you needing more that I was willing to give. When I start this letter I said I love you. That's true. I LOVE YOU. I apologize again for braking your heart. I know that I left lot unsaid, but I feel like if I tried to write it all down I'd be here forever. So I'll end it here.

Your forever,
Tom

It's been five years since our divorce, and my heart still breaks every time I read this letter. Looking back now I know that it was for the best. Had Tom never left I wouldn't have discovered myself. Strange as it sounds I could honestly say thank you to Tom. It seems unreal now I don't even remember our wedding day.