"no lord okkoto! you're warriors haven't come back to you!" she clutched onto his tusk. "those are humans wearing the skins of your warriors to hide their scent!" the god carried on charging through the forest, knocking down trees. "don't you understand?! it's just a human trick to get us to lead them to the forest spirit!" 

he didn't listen, stubbornness and will clouding his logic. he stormed ahead, smashing through rocks, the humans following.

"come out, forest spirit! if you are truly master here, give my warriors the power to slay the humans and be victorious!"

"stop lord okkoto, please! you've gotta listen!"

"san, they're all around us. okkoto's done for, leave him!" the wolf began to drift away, urging the girl to give up. 

"no! i won't let him turn into a demon like nago did! tell mother that the humans are setting a trap for the forest spirit , she'll know what to do!" san became even more distressed , screaming as a branch nearly collapsed onto her. "you'll have to hurry or it could mean the end of all of us! go on now and look out for [name]!" 

listening to her request, the wolf hopped over the disguised humans as san was led down into a dip. okkoto fell to the ground, san grabbing her spear and pointing it towards the humans who gathered around her. "stay back or you die! and then this whole forest will see just what you are!" 

san's breath hitched at the howl that filled her ears, instantly recognising it. hope burned in her stomach, wishing that it meant [name] and the other wolf were safe. staring up at the mountain above the forest, she saw a blurry shade of blue. "ashitaka?"

 the fake boars shuffled over to okkoto, who huffed and let out another scream. blood rushed from his mouth, pouring onto the floor. "get back!" 

san swiped her spear through the air, threatening the humans who shifted away quickly. 

"i burn! there are flames growing inside of me!" his voice wavered, black holes appearing on his snout and infected blood swayed in the air. san shrieked, pushing the blood away frantically. 

"you must fight it! don't let yourself become a demon!" she cried out to the deity, a rock flung from a human knocking san out. her body fell onto the god's snout, blood covering okkoto and her. 

[name] writhed in ashitaka's arms, ignoring the pain shooting through her arm. a howl from san's wolf reached the three and the boy let the girl go. she stood on the edge of the cliff.

 "what is it?" she pointed in response and her wolf lifted it's head. "is it san?"

 "she's in danger," 

 "let's go!" [name] was the first to leap off the ledge, ashitaka calling out for her as he followed, the pup behind him. they skidded down the rocks, reaching the forest floor. "[name], be careful!"

 "it's lord okkoto!" she sprinted through the forest, ashitaka amazed at the sheer speed and stamina she had for being so young. he raced behind her, leaping the shrubs that got in his way. 

 "you're too slow! get on!" ashitaka glanced over at the wolf, grabbing onto it's fur and pulling himself up. as they went past, he grabbed [name]. they jumped off the cliff onto another rock before hopping to the forest lower. 

the warriors of the irontown craned their necks to the side, the child pulling out her dagger. the trio knocked them out of the way, [name] slicing her blade through the air. explosions were fired their way, none of them landing.