Alastriona was leaning against the train window in the corridor, Draco's arm hanging around her shoulder, one of his hands playing with a particularly bouncy curl. He was distracting himself because he so clearly did not want to be part of the conversation.

Hermione had stopped on her way past them and said hi to Alastriona, forcing Ron to stop as well.

"I wrote to Harry over the summer but he never got back to me." Draco tensed at Alastriona's words but said nothing.

Hermione and Ron shared a look and Hermione winced. "Um, he -- he wasn't really..." She cleared her throat, "It's a long story." She laughed awkwardly and threw a glare at Ron as he nudged her side again.

Draco moved behind Alastriona and buried his head into her neck, wrapping his arms around her waist. She leaned back into him without even thinking.

"I'll have to ask him for the whole story someday." Alastriona said with a smile.

Draco had his eyes closed, pretending he wasn't standing this close to Ronald Weasley without physically hitting him.

Hermione resisted smiling at the sweet scene. Instead she said, "We should go, we'll make some rounds, I think, check on the first years."

Alastriona smiled. "Good idea." She said.
Alastriona sighed heavily after they left and closed her eyes, leaning back fully into Draco's embrace.

"You all right, love?" He asked softly, resting his head on her shoulder.

"Yeah." She replied. "I just feel like this year is going to suck." She admitted.

Draco kissed Alastriona's neck, causing her to shiver. "I don't know, I don't think it'll be too bad."
His fingers dug slightly at her sides and she squealed in laughter and tried to wriggle out of his grip.

"Ah! Stop!" She laughed out, gasping for air as he continued his tickling torture.

"Never!" He growled playfully in her ear.

A throat clear behind them and they turned to see Cho Chang with her arms crossed over her chest and a fierce glare pointed at Alastriona.
"You're in my way." She said blandly.

Draco rolled his eyes as Alastriona apologised.

Cho marched past them when they moved out of her way.

Draco sighed, "I suppose I should deliver you to the others now."

Alastriona couldn't help the giggle that slipped out as Draco kneeled on the ground and glanced back at her. "Your chariot impatiently awaits, love."

Alastriona laughed but climbed on and allowed herself to be carried through the train as they looked for their friends.

In times of old when I was newAnd Hogwarts barely startedThe founders of our noble schoolThought never to be parted:

And Hogwarts barely started
The founders of our noble school
Thought never to be parted: