Chapter 2: A Newcomer

My eyes feel heavy, refusing to open. The comfort of someone's arms around me keeping me warm. Fighting the urge to fall back asleep I finally open my eyes. The sky a grey blue and the cold biting at my face. My eyes land on a woman, her hair a ginger brown and freckles dancing across her face framing her eyes and nose. Her bright green eyes landing on mine realising I am awake.

"Hey Girly, don't be alarmed we are getting you off site." She says reassuring me.

Still regaining consciousness, I look ahead of me, spotting a blue jacket with a mask plastered on the back. The figure had broad shoulders and tidy blue hair pulled up carefully and tightly, his head turns toward me meeting his deep brown eyes with mine.

Snapping back to reality my muscles jolt and I regain my strength. Springing out of Skye's arms, my legs hit the floor and they went numb, gravity playing its part and dragging me to the floor.

"Do you have to be so problematic, darling" Yoru spoke with a sigh.

He grabs me by the arm and pulls me towards him helping me regain my balance.

"I- Uhm, Thanks" I thank him stuttering.

"Try and stay on your feet will ya" Skye cuts in.

I finally regain my balance and observe my surroundings. A new place every time without fail, I thought id find some peace eventually but looks like the mirror agents are still after me. After a little while of walking we stop at a helicopter pad, Yoru who was leading us turns to face me drawing a sheriff and pointing it at my head. Just when I thought I had a break, although running into the Valorant agents again was not apart of the plan.

"Whoa, whoa, Yoru. Relax will ya." Skye argues.

"Who are you, and where did you come from" he questions, ignoring Skye.

I frown at him; how could I trust these people. The whole of two worlds is hunting me, I must be cautious. I stay silent, it will aggravate him, but I don't really have a choice.

"Quit being difficult darling we aren't going to hurt you; we just need to take you back where you belong. These missions are not safe. "He explains lowering his gun while moving closer.

He stands still for a moment then looks up to Skye,

"Go and alert the protocol about the situation, we will have to continue part two of the operation. I'll make sure we won't lose" he sighed taking me by the hand, leaving Skye to her sources.

We walked in silence towards the site where the bomb had been defused. Deciding not to ask Yoru what's going on not to further agitate him. Soon the silence was broken,

"What is your name"? he asked almost reluctantly.

"(your name)" I reply.

Yoru didn't waste a second, he bombarded me with questions. Which is understandable, I did come out of a huge ring in the sky out of nowhere...

"I am being hunted, not just by mirror earth but here too." I continue hesitantly, for some reason I felt safe telling him about myself even if he is a little arrogant. "I lost connection with my family, and I've been searching for them ever since." I mumbled feeling tears well up my eyes.

Yoru perked an eyebrow recognising some similarities between the two of you, he too was searching for his ancestors trying to find what was left of his family. But the thing that sparked his interest was that you are being hunted. You couldn't possibly be that valuable, just like every other radiant right?

He turns his head looking back at me, "hunted? You must be real special huh" he teased hoping to get an answer out of you. His accent only adds to the sarcasm and makes it slightly more irritating.

"I... am a radianite power supply, I contain enough radianite energy to destruct a whole planet" I concluded. By now he was visibly shocked almost instinctively he let go of my hand. "d-don't worry, its under control, I promise!" I exclaimed trying to reassure him.

He looked at me almost suspiciously, "if you don't blow my hand off you can continue to hold it. But don't think this is endearment, I'm just making sure you don't run away." He announced.

I nod, we continue to walk until we eventually reach the spike, with all the confusion Yoru couldn't document where the spike came from. He crouches down and observes the spike closely, small engravings appear on the surface of the spike saying the location of the manufacturing and the date it was made.

"Seiko", he celebrated. Rising to face me, "seems like the warehouse is in America, specifically New York" He noted. "I can open a rift; we can travel through my dimension" he continues.

"We"? I question.

"Yes, we will be scouting a spike production site. If we don't do this brimstone will be on my ass, whatever information we find is valuable." He concludes.

Yoru turns away from me, his hands glow a bright blue as he tears through reality, leaving an opening. He turns back to me, one hand keeping the rift open and the other hand wrapping around my waist flustering me a little.

"Hold on darling, you don't want to end up in another universe" he advised. My arms wrapped around him the warmth and smell of his cologne enveloped me as we were pulled through another reality.