Welcome Home Sailor

Mica walked through the door of the local bar. She found the owner sitting at the bar going over some papers, "Hey Penny 'im here," she spoke softly,

Penny turned with a bright smile on her face, "Hey Mica, what times your beu coming in?"

Mica rolled her eyes, "Oh you know him! He likes to make an entrance."

"So you have no clue?"

"Not a one." Mica laughed,

"How long has it been?"

"Too long. I liked living on base with im but I missed this place more."

"I know what you mean," Penny smiled, "Well, let's get this place ready. From what I've heard about who is coming it's gonna be worse than a fleet week."

"Do you know what's going on?"

Penny shrugged, "We will know tonight,"

"What do you need me to do boss woman?"

"I have to go pick up Amelia and drop her off at a friend's."

"Okay. I'll get everything ready."

Later that night Mica was making her way around the bar when she looked over to see Penny particularly smitten with a certain gentleman. She leaned back to catch the face of the man she was talking to. Mica smiled when she saw who it was. She was making her way over when she saw Penny reach up and ring the bell. The bar was filled with chants and cheers. Mica was never able to make her way to the bar due to all the orders she had just received. Mica kept a watchful eye on the rowdy bunch near the darts knowing thats where she would get the tips. Mica walked over to the table in the back, "What can I get you?"

"I'll have a scotch on the rocks,"

"What do you have on tap?"

"Uhm, Ultra, Miller, Blue Moon, Bud Light, Red Oak."

"I'll have a Blue Moon,"

"Coming right up,"

Mica turned just in time to see Bradley Bradshaw walk into the room. God shed missed him. He walked in with that same confidence that drew her in immediately but yet she saw the uncertainty behind his eyes. She cocked her head at the new facial hair along his lip. It made her sad to see the manifestation of just how long they had been apart. Mica let him meet with his friends as she got those orders. After that, she walked behind the bar grabbing the beer she knew he would like. Mica walked over to the group putting her hand on his back before she put the beer in his hand. He moved so he could wrap his arm around her waist resting his hand on her hip bone. Once there was a pause in what he was saying Mica leaned up whispering, "Welcome home sailor,"

"Thank you," he smiled before he leaned down to kiss her. He moved his hand to brush her long honey-brown hair out of her face so he could see her deep brown eyes.

Mica laughed into the kiss. When they pulled away Mica ran her thumb over his mustache. "When did you get that?"

He shrugged, "A few months ago,"

"Do you like it?"

She smiled into his side, "You look like Goose,"

He kissed her head, "Come on,"

Mica let out a soft groan as she pulled away, "I have to check on my tables,"

He smiled down at her, "I'll be at the piano,"

As Mica was walking to her table she saw Maverick walking on the beach. She was about to go out to him when she heard Bradley yell, "Take me home honey!"

Mica walked over to Bradley straddling him before his arms penned her in. His hands danced across the keys, "You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain, Too much love drives a man insane, You broke my will, But what a thrill, Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!" she watched as Maverick stopped and listened, she kissed Bradley's cheek before she snuck out of his arms. He was so enthralled in the song she didn't see her step out onto the beach, "Hey Uncle Pete,"

He smiled a sad smile, "Hey Mica,"

"I guess you're the one they brought in?"

"Lucky me right?"

She smiled at him, "I don't know what happened between you two and I don't need to know" she trailed off, "But uhm Uncle Pete?"

"Yeah, Mica?"

"Make sure he comes home safe okay?"

He walked up giving Mica a kiss on the cheek, "I'll do the best I can."

Mica watched as he walked away before she made her way back into the bustling bar where Bradley was performing his piano solo, She moved to hang on his neck "Well, kiss me baby," she quickly kissed his cheek, "Mmmmh, it feels good, yeah, Hold me baby, Well I'm off to love you like a lover should, You're fine, so kind, Got to tell this world that you're mine mine mine mine. I chew my nails and I twiddle my thumbs, I'm real nervous but it sure is fun, Come on baby, you're driving me crazy, Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!"

As the song ended the bar remained just as alive. Mica leaned her chest against his before she whispered, "Im still on shift,"

Bradley patted her back, "Have fun baby,"

That night only a few customers remind as Mica stood behind the bar next to Penny drying some glasses. Penny bumped her his against Micas, "Go home,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," she nodded, "I got it here don't worry about it."

"Thank you," Mica smiled gratefully before she made her way to the parking lot. Mica climbed into her black 1960 Shelby Mustang gt-350. A car that once belonged to her grandfather. The viper was still embroidered on the headrests. Penny laughed gently as she heard Mica tear past her bar. Mica made her way down the street running parallel to the beach before she pulled into the quaint white house. She parked her car in the driveway smiling as she pulled next to Bradley's car. Mica walked through the backdoor to find the home dark the only noise was the golden retriever curled up in the corner. He opened his eyes to look at her but quickly fell back asleep once he realized the intruder was just his person. She laid her keys in the bowl on the island before she climbed the stairs to her bedroom. Mica leaned her side against the door frame letting herself just look at the man in her bed. Mica walked to the closet before she put on her oversized shirt with the cartoon rooster on the front. Mica peeled back the covers laying down next to Bradley. He was unconscious but even still his body sought her. He wrapped a strong arm around her pressing his chin to the top of her head. Mica settled her head on his chest inhaling the smell of sunscreen, beer, and sandalwood. He was finally home and everything was right with the world.