Sasaki Brothers

Trapped inside an unknown space, You Keika felt suffocated.

"Crackle crackle" Just then, a crackling noise like something was burning, startled him awake. He woke up to the outside world.

"What is that glow? Are you a God?"
When he opened his eyes, he first heard Takahashi's question. Strange enough, after being released from that weird space, he found that a third of his strength was restored.
He wasn't dumb though, he knew from the moment the brothers saw him that they were far from ordinary. They can see spirits like him and can even perform things that normal people can't

"Im not a God" he chose to say in the end.

When his vision finally adjusted, he saw the brothers and was taken aback; memory flashing in the back of his head like a lightning.

"You don't look like that when we saw you. Who or what are you?" Hayashi continued to speak, seeing the stranger in front of him hesitating. Suddenly, the said spirit lowered his head as if pondering. Being on high alert, Hayashi gripped the knife tighter and prepared for any unforeseen circumstances. However, the spirit just lowered his head and did nothing unusual.

Some time later, You Keika opened his mouth to speak
"Are you two an exorcist?" The youth stilled before slowly nodding. Deep inside, You Keika sighed. He knew it. It only took him some thinking to guess.

"Don't worry, I am not an evil spirit" he started  "In fact, when I was still alive, I can see spirits too like you guys  hehe"

The duo wore blank expressions. These youngsters helped him despite knowing nothing about him. 
You Keika ultimately decided not to lie to them since he was sure they would discover who he is anyway so might as well reveal himself. Besides, You Keika felt that these two could be trusted.

"Have you heard of the Youmeshi?" When he said this, Takahashi, who had been quiet, suddenly jumped up in excitement.

"You know him? Oh I know him I know him! He... he's our..." But before he could speak any more, Hayashi hastily covered his little brother's mouth. Embarrassed, Hayashi sighed and turned to look at You Keika.

"You didn't hear anything" he said threateningly before scolding his brother in a whisper. Only after Takahashi nodded for the ninth time did he finally dropped his hand.

"Oh I didn't hear him. Boy, what did you say?" Despite the awkwardness, You Keika managed to go with the flow thanks to his natural socializing skill which he often had to use when consoling angry clients or fortune telling other people's fate. 

"Hahaha brother, look he's socializing well. He's a good spirit!", Takahashi suddenly declared. Now it was You Keika's turn to be speechless.

"Stop it, Takahashi, just because he seemed nice doesn't mean he doesn't have any ill intention" Hayashi explained.

Really? In front of me? You Keika thought, unconsciously rubbing his head. This boy really reminded him of Tanmoku Ki's cautiousness.

Speaking of, his eyes which was bright just a while ago suddenly turned serious.

"Look, believe it or not I'm not a bad spirit and I don't have any ill intention towards you. Our meeting may be a coincidence. You helped me so i should remember this" You Keika said.

There was silence..

"By any chance are you associated with the Youmeshi?" Hayashi's tone softened. Seeing the reverence in the youth's eyes, You Keika suddenly felt as if he was staring at the stone boy he met before, his heart melting.

"Yes" he didn't hesitate. When he said this, You Keika felt as if a burden had been lifted off his chest along with the dissipation of the tense atmosphere.

"My brother and I have always dreamed of meeting the Youmeshi one day"
This time, Takahashi was the one to speak. Without letting his brother shut him up, continued:
"I can feel that he's not a malicious spirit, brother. You dont have to worry about anything" He assured. You Keika felt the way the little boy protects his older brother seemed rather cute so he relaxed a bit.

"Why? do you guys know him too?" asked You Keika, who now returned to his normal appearance. 

The brothers thought for a while before Hayashi broke the silence. "Are you sure you're not a foe?" 

"I am"

"what?"

"I mean I am not. I'm not your enemy!" You Keika awkwardly waved his hand in defense.

"well then, since my brother thinks you're not a foe, have you heard of the Sasaki family?" 

A thoughtful look resurfaced on You Keika's face. He tried to recall something from his memory: it was a blur memory so he couldn't remember much but he seemed to recall something about the said family. Suddenly, he jolted awake from his thoughts as realization dawned on him.
"Sasaki family?! you mean the great Sasaki family?" he confirmed again and again.

As much as he could remember, the Sasaki Family was one of the powerful exorcist there exist just like his ancestors. However, judging from their current state, it seemed that the past glory and prosperity of the Sasaki Family has long diminished.

"the great Sasaki family was once a powerful exorcist a long time ago.."

"I know that" You Keika murmured.

"Back then, the Sasaki family used to be on equal with the You family in terms of power" he added, his expression turning bitter "however, an accident occured and the Sasaki family had to go on a hiding. Although they tried their best to preserve their pride by passing the power to the next generation, somehow it didn't work" he continued embarassedly.

You Keika remained silent and waited for him to continue before jumping into conclusion.

"It took a  while to realize that the Sasaki family had been cursed causing their power to backlash. As a result, whenever they try to pass their power to the next generation, it would continously backlash on them. It was a hopeless case"

"One day, the Youmeshi came and granted the Sasaki family a ray of hope" Reverence reappeared on the youngster's eyes. "Then a miracle was born"

"So you guys..." You Keika trailed off. By now, he could vaguely guess that Hayashi and Takahashi were descendants of the Sasaki family but For some reason, after hearing about the decline of the Sasaki family, You Keika felt that the boy in front of him didn't actually reveal everything yet so he wasn't sure of what to say.

"We are the said 'miracle' we are descendants of Sasaki family. The new pride of the Sasaki family! and we'll be bringing back the past pride and glory of everyone!" Takahashi proudly declared but at the next moment, even his expression turned sour

"if it wasn't for our family background, ofcourse hehe" he added.

You Keika suddenly had a bad feeling.