xxi. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲?

Začít od začátku

"Shit." Bradley breathed out. "I thought- after all Peter said-"

"You know Eddie?" Lucas frowned his eyebrows.

"What all did you tell him?" Dustin looked to Peter for an answer.

"All of it. I had to come home and he needed an explain." Peter shook his head. "I'm sorry. I asked El first and she said it was okay."

"More then merrier." Dustin nodded, looking to Bradley. "How do you know Eddie?"

Bradley glanced at Peter, hesitating. He was cut off by the trailer door swinging open. Max stormed down the steps in a panic, Peter turned around quickly. Her footing froze, standing still. "Peter?"

He never in his life felt as relived as he was to see her. "Holy shit, you're okay."

She dropped her bag quickly and hugged him tightly. Scared. She was scared. He could feel it in the way her latched onto him. Peter inhaled as he hugged her so tight he feared he might be hurting her. "I should have never left you here."

"I'm so glad you're here." she took deep breaths. "There's a lot you need to know."

"This is bullshit! This is my brother you're talking about!" Wesley ranted to the group of Owens partners. "He just left for Hawkins? He just went home?"

"I'm sorry. I guess i'm having trouble understanding any of this." Jonathan spoke from the couch, his tone passive aggressive. "I mean, what exactly is going on in Hawkins? What's doing these killings?"

"And why the hell would you send my baby brother right back into its arms?" Wesley glared, holding DP in his arms.

"We didn't sent him back, he went on his own." she reassured hum. "We're still trying to ascertain."

"Where is El, like, right now?" Mike demanded an answer. "Does she know about Peter? She's gonna freak!"

"She wanted him to stay here, but he seemed to be worried about Hawkins more." the woman shook her head.

"Moron." Wesley rolled his eyes. "Where's El, then? They aren't together?"

"No. For her safety, it's best you don't know." she shook her head at them.

"This is insane! This is insane!" Mike stood up quickly to pace around.

"So this training to get El's powers back, how long is it gonna take?" Jonathan tried to remain calm. Will put his hand on Wesley's knee to try and help calm his nerves.

"It could take weeks, could take months." she shrugged.

"Months?" Will called in disbelief.

"Until then, agents Harmon and Wallace will stay with you." she cut in before any of the boys could start to argue again.

"We're not the ones in danger." Mike shook his head.

"Our friends live in Hawkins." Will snapped at her. "I mean, Peter is running right into this danger and non of you bothered to stop him?"

"And i'll work to contain the situation until Eleven is ready." she rose her voice in just the slightly toward them. "In the meantime, it is of vital importance for you not speak to anyone about this."

Mike scoffed. "No. No way."

"I know this is difficult." she tried to be sincere.

"What is? The fact that my brother is in danger and I can't help him or the part about my future sister in law getting her powers back in months?" Wesley asked her in disbelief.

"There are factions within our government who are working directly against Eleven, who are, in fact, searching for her as we speak." the older woman rose to her feet. "We can't risk contact. If they learned about any of this, it will jeopardize Eleven. And if Eleven is jeopardized, so are your friends and so is Peter."