20: it never happened

Start from the beginning

the boy was sound asleep before hearing a knock on his door. he got up and opened the door.

"gia? what are you doing?" he asked raspy.

"i can't sleep. the thunder is fucking scary"

"well isn't steven in the room?"

"yeah but he would've been like 'it's nothing babe go back to sleep'. i know he's my boyfriend but he can be little 'ugh' at times"

"so? your point is?"

"can i sleep here with you? you know, until the thunder wears off"

"sure come in"

the girl made her way to the other side of the bed and placed her stuff on the night stand.

as the thunder was louder, she quickly jumped onto the bed and hid herself into the covers.

"this is just like in freshman year" he chuckled.

"not really. there's one thing missing"

"oh yeah? what"

"you crying because of the big scawy lightning out-" she didn't get to finish her sentence as she saw lightning outside. she ran to chris and hid behind him. 

"who's crying because of the big scary lightning now huh?" the boy laughed.

"shut up" gianna smack him in the head. "let's just go to bed"

they both got into the covers. gia was turning and tossing for twenty minutes. she finally got comfy and turned to chris.

"chris?"

"hm?"

"i'm sorry"

"for what?"

"everything that happened these past months. i'm sorry that i didn't let you explain yourself. i guess i just felt mad that you moved on from our friendship" she said as her voice broke a little.

"don't cry. i should be the one to apologizing gia. you didn't deserve to go what you went through because of me . the truth is she actually threatened me after not even two weeks of dating. she told me if i ever try to make amends with you, she would hurt you. she was a little too obsessive if you ask me"

"she actually did that? i would've had madi helping me if she would hurt me anyways" they both chuckled.

"i missed this" chris said.

"same. it was a dark time"

"yeah. but i guess that dark time is over now that you're back in my life" he replied.

"wait, you and madison aren't together anymore?"

"no we're still together. i just haven't find the time to break up with her"

"about damn time"

"yeah" he chuckled.

they both stayed in silence. the quiet didn't mind them at all. it was one of those moments where the silence wasn't awkward. talking wasn't necessary in their case because they haven't been like this for months.

"chris?"

"what?"

"sorry for pushing you away" she murmured as chris chuckled.

"it's okay. if i were you i would've done the same thing"

"of course you would" she rolled her eyes.

silence.

"i like this" the coleman girl blurred out.

"huh?"

"this. us just being us. this reminds me literally of us months ago"

"yeah. you'd sleep at our house more than your own" they laughed.

"in my defence, your bed is better than mine" she put her arms up like she surrendered.

"so my clothes are too?" he laughed.

"no" she scoffed.

"oh so you wore my clothes from freshman to junior year for no reason?"

she stayed silent.

"exactly" he laughed to himself.

"well it's not like you would steal my sweatpants. how did they even fit you? i'm like 5'4 and you're fucking 5'8"

"they weren't your sweats g. i made indi gift you some of mine for christmas"

"oh. thanks i guess" she chuckled.

once again they stayed in silence. this time nobody talked after 2 minutes of silence. it was not long after gianna placed her lips on his. he was really confused as to why she was kissing him but he returned the kiss. after a couple of minutes, she pulled back and turned facing back to him.

"chris."

"gia."

"let's not tell anyone about what happened"

"agreed"

"i can't fall asleep"

"no shit" he said.

"wanna talk?"

"im fine with whatever you're fine with"

the pair talked for hours until gia suddenly fell asleep on his chest.

"goodnight gia, i love you" he said planting a kiss on her head.

A SPEAKS 🫶🏽🫶🏽

so THEY KISSED! AHDHDHDHSHS. took him long enough. i mean they could've settled this to be yk bf/gf but gia is with steven...

anywyas idk why but i wanted to write this asap so i can get the other chapter out tdy too. (imma tell y'all now it's just insta and messages so)

so that's basically it. really happy they made up YAYAYAYAAY. i wanna say that we're halfway through the book but i didn't plan anything so i'm not gonna say that cause it's probs cap.

FRENCH TOAST CHAPTERS >>

but yeahhh hope you guys liked it and see y'all in the next one!

<3

editing A speaks:

sooo i'm half-way editing this book finally. idk why i added steven and madison they make me cringe so much