sly fox/ disaster approaching

Start from the beginning

"Well...some missing nins that defected from konoha were said to be seen around suna's territory, so we're here to investigate..." he explained curtly.

"Mm..."

The two didn't exchange any more words, instead choosing to focus on the short-lived tender moment. Till Naruto spoke, voice low, almost a whisper. "You're being awfully quiet and awfully physical..." His smile stayed sweet, and the words were light and teasing.

But that smile vanished the second kurama pulled away abruptly."Oh? Am I bothering you?" They asked, tone as neutral as ever causing the other to slightly panic.

"What!? No no- I never said I didn't like it! Don't get the wrong idea!" He tried to explain, dramatically flailing his hands around.

"Mmm..."

"I really like it actually!! I think it's cute-"

Kurama cut him off with a sharp raise of an eyebrow and a pointed gaze.

"What did I say about using that word to describe me?"

Naruto gulped, holding his hands up in apologetic surrender."Sorry- what I'm trying to say is, I don't mind you being physical at all, I actually really really like it." He tried again, this time much softer and calmer, his cheeks fully red by the time he mumbled his last word.

"..."

"..."

"Heh... you're so easy to fluster. It's rather amusing to watch." Kurama smirked, ruining the moment yet again.

"..."

"You're a little shit, ya know?" Naruto mumbled with no spite, mirroring the other's expression.

"Takes one to know one." The redhead shot back without heat, they moved around the blonde to get the bed, instantly sitting down and making themself comfortable. Naruto smiled, joining by plopping down besides them. "So anyway..." They started, making sure Naruto's full attention was still on them. "...what are you really here for? You normally never hide informations from me."

"What..?" Naruto's posture became rigid and his shoulders tensed. Kurama snickered. 'so easy to read.'

"How did you.." the blonde mumbled, expression contorting into something more nervous.

"I can tell." The redhead shrugged in response, playing it cool as they usually did.

"..." It was Naruto's turn to remain quiet.

"It has to do with the Akatsuki, doesn't it?"Kurama guessed. If the uzumaki decided to hide something from them than it must be relating to those delusional maniacs.

    Awww he doesn't want to stress them out.

   They rolled their eyes almost fondly.

How cute.

"..."

"So?"

They watched Naruto go from nervous to straight out embarrassed. 'Why so embarrassed? Cause you were found out so easily?'

"This is an A ranked secret..." He pouted, eyes not meeting kurama's.  "You're not supposed to know.."

Kurama simply yawned in response. "Well, I'm an S ranked secret that you were not supposed to know but here we are anyway, so spill." They ordered, yet their tone remained smug, much got the blonde's growing irritation and embarrassment.