Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Nick's POV

I pulled up into the parking lot, driving towards my spot, which is right in front of the main school entrance. Once I parked, I heard a knock on my window. It was Jason, of course. I got out of the car. "Hey man!" I greeted while he did our handshake that we've done since we met in 7th grade.

I remember that day like it was yesterday.

I had gotten in trouble for shooting hoops in the hallway during 2nd period (What? It was algebra) while I should have just been going to the bathroom (I did go, but that little fun fact didn't lighten the punishment at all).

I was aiming for the trashcan next to a classroom door but I hit the rim and it bounced off and hit the door of the biology lab. Causing one of the girls inside to jump and knock over a test tube that spilled, very smelly, chemical's all over the student study guides that all together cost a whopping $345. The teacher came out of the room with a look on his face as though I had just killed someone.

He grabbed me by the back of my jacket and hauled me off to the office.

In the office was a funny looking kid with an accomplished look on his face. The teacher sat me down on the chair across from the kid and went into the principal’s office to tattle to the big bad boss.

"Hey!" the kid said. "Hey." I replied. "My names Jason!" he told me. "Nick" I responded. "Nice to meet you Nick!" he declared as he outstretched his hand. "You too." I added as I took his hand and shook it. "So what you in for?" he asked "Basketball in the hallway." I replied "You like B-ball? That's my favorite sport!" He said. "Well maybe we can play sometime?" I added. "If you wanna get beat!" he answered while looking very proud of himself. " You're on!" I said with a confident smile on my face.

He got called into the office after that and we've been best friends ever since. I later found out that he was in there for putting bubble gum in a substitute's hair and told her to blow him.

You'd think he'd change from being so wild but to this day he's still that crazy kid that I met in our middle school's discipline office.

"Nick? You okay?" I heard Jason ask. "Yea, sorry dude I spaced out for a second." I answered. "Well you exited for my party tonight? Its going to be so sick!! There's going to be booze and hot girls!" he stated. "You know I don't do that stuff man." I told him for what seemed like the hundredth time. "I know but one day you might change your mind and I'm going to be there when you do." he revealed. "Hahaha okay well I got to get to class, so I'll see you and the team at lunch." I said as I turned around and headed towards my first class. Foods (yea I know its a little girly but its actually a really fun class). Damn I forgot to see whom that Camaro belonged to. I quickly turned around to see if anybody was by it but no one was. I guess I will just have to see who's it is later.

I walked through the hallway towards my locker. Once there I opened it up and grabbed my recipe book for foods and my basketball shorts for PE later. I tossed my cell and car keys inside closed it and made my way to class a little later then I hoped.

I finally got to the classroom right as the bell rang walked inside and took my seat.