Okinawa School Trip pt. 1a

My first day at PK Academy... was kind of hectic.

"I heard we have another transfer!"

"Really?"

"Yeah!"

'I hope it's a girl. Ooh, what if she's as pretty as Teruhashi!'

'Another transfer, good grief. I hope they aren't like the other one...'

People's voices and thoughts came to my mind as soon as I waited outside the door for the teacher. Speak of the devil...

"You must be (m/n) (l/n)? Correct?" The female teacher asked as she stepped in front of me.

"Yep." I said, standing up straight from leaning on the wall. She smiled, "Wait out here to be introduced to the class." I nodded my head in response. She stepped in the class and shushed them. "As you may already know, we have a new student. So, please treat her- sorry, him with kindness!" She gestured for me to come in. I walked in, my eyes on my shoes. I look up to everyone once I'm with the teacher.

"My name is (m/n) (l/n). I hope we can be friends." I bow, politely. When I stood up straight I heard a few soft 'oh wows' from girls and even some guys. Some say I make a pretty boy, and I am one just.. I was born a girl.

"You can take one of the seats in the back." The teacher said, pointing to two seats that were open. I took the seat behind the girl with Navy Blue hair. I like her hair... It's close to one of my favorite colors, Royal Blue. Once I got closer to my seat, I looked at the girl with blue hair, smiled, and gave a small bow. A small blush erupted across her face as she nodded her head back. 'Oh wow... I-I'm blushing!? Well, I mean he is really handsome. And those piercings make him even more interesting...' I chuckled to myself as her thoughts and everyone else's in the class flooded my mind.

'T-Teruhashi is... blushing?! Is it because of the new guy?'

You must be thinking "How is he able to read minds?" Well I'm no interesting psychic. I'm just a Telepathic Empath. I can hear the thoughts of anyone in a twelve meter radius. And when I do, I can connect to the feelings of said people. Some days it can be overwhelming but others I feel like I'm saving people, like a hero. Now that you know a little about me let's get back to what's going on in class.

"Alright students, we have a three day trip to... Okinawa!" As the teacher said this, the class burst out cheering. Well, all except one person... a boy with pink hair and green tinted glasses. I can tell he's a psychic, since he's monologuing in his head. I, myself, wasn't cheering, just glad to not have to learn for the day. School really isn't my thing.

"Class, please form groups of three boys and three girls. I'm going to step out. Hairo, you're in charge." The teacher said, sliding the door open to leave. The bad thing about being the new person at school is that you don't have friends and have to start from scratch to make a good impression on people. Everyone was in a group of some sort already.

"(m/n), right?" A boy with two toned red hair asked, standing in front of me. I stood up, then bowed, "Yep. And you are?"

"Kineshi Hairo, the class representative!" He posed, smiling. I smiled. "Well, since you're the only person without a group, we'll have to put you in a group. But the thing.. Legally you're put down as a girl, I'll have to put you in a group with other girls." I nodded in understanding. "Follow me, let's see who wants you in their group." He said, motioning for me to follow him. I followed him to the front of the classroom and stood next to him, my hands behind my back. He cleared his throat and spoke up, "Everyone! (m/n) here doesn't have a group, who would like for him to join them?"

The girl with blue hair along with another girl with orange-ish brown hair stood up. "We would like him in our group!" They said in unison.

"Alright, I'll add him to the list!" He said, pushing me towards them. They grabbed me and dragged me out of the classroom.

"Saiki's going to be in a group with those two guys after all!" The girl with orange-ish brown hair said.

"Oh! Just as we suspected. But first we should introduce ourselves!" The girl with Navy Blue hair said as she turned to me. "Hi! I'm Kokomi Teruhashi."

"And I'm Chiyo Yumehara, call me Chiyo." The girl I now know as Chiyo, introduced herself.

"There's another girl in our group and her name is Chisato Mera." Teruhashi added. They went through a lot of trouble trying to get in a group with a boy named Saiki. Do they not know that they both like the same person? Each time they asked to join Saiki's group something got in their way. They tried asking the other people in the group and tried drawing randomly. Eventually we did get paired with Saiki's group. I guess I could make more friends, but I'm not really a social type.

We're at the airport, but there's a typhoon causing our flight to be suspended. The entire class was bummed, I was bummed. It's not everyday I get the chance to travel somewhere pretty. A student asked if the flights canceled would the trip be postponed.

"No, it'll be canceled." Just then a student came up to him and shook him around. This caused a thing of uno to fall out of his pocket. "I do want you kids to go, but it's out of my hands now." Mr. Matsuzaki said in sorrow. Hairo came around trying to raise our spirits, but in short... it didn't work. After some time the typhoon disappeared. I believe the one who's constantly monologuing in his head would be the one to blame. Soon, Saiki came from around the corner soaking wet, yep I was right.

-To be continued-