𝟎𝟐. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐨 𝐨𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭

Start from the beginning

" the place in Kerley County?" Evelyn questioned. Lucas nodded his head vicariously indicating that is the place he was talking about.

"See Dustin, even your own sister knows about pennhurst. we sure you don't have family up there?" Evelyn zoned out the three boys who were arguing about where the young girl came from and about how Evelyn knows about pennhurst.

Evelyn turned towards where the young girl sat. She was preoccupied just looking around the basement. Evelyn felt her heart break a little thinking about what this girl could of went through and most importantly where her parents were. She didn't notice she walked up the young girl until she saw the girl look up to her.

"Hi. I'm Evelyn! I'm not going to hurt you, I just want to make sure if you are okay?" Evelyn asked the young girl as she sat a couple feet away from her on the couch.

The young girl just looked at Evelyn before lightly whispering the word pretty. "Thank you" Evelyn told the young girl with a smile on her face, the smile that brought comfort to the young girl who smiled back.

"Well it seems she likes your sister, Dustin!" Lucas told him as they stood in front of the pair. "I knew she would, everyone loves Evelyn, which is why I'm grateful she's my sister" Dustin stated.

Evelyn smiled at her little brother. "I think it's time we head home. Mike, please make sure she gets some rest and hopefully you three already figured out a plan on how to explain it to your mother tomorrow. In the meantime, it was really nice meeting you" the young girl just smiled before she watched her walk up the steps.

"why are we walking upstairs if you three made me come in through the basement door?" Evelyn questioned Lucas and Dustin but she didn't get no response as their attention was only on Mike and the young girl.

"Boys, let's go! I'm driving you home Lucas and after I drop him off, you and I will be having a long talk Dustin" she told them. Dustin rolled his eyes at how his sister is becoming protective.

"You are in for it now, Dustin " Lucas stated as the started heading out of the Wheeler's house and to Evelyn's car.

"Don't worry Lucas, I'll be giving you and Mike the same talk once everything settles down" Evelyn told him after getting their bikes into the back of the car.

Evelyn got in her car and started the ignition. "Now put your seatbelts on and start from the beginning"

Dustin and Lucas looked at one another and knew it was going to a long night telling Evelyn about what happened and with what Hopper told them not to do.

The next morning , Evelyn got ready to head out and to go pick Sabrina up for school as she usually did. She stopped in front of Dustin's bedroom door and knocked on it.

The door opened up to reveal Dustin, who looks like to be in a rush. "You okay? Why you in a rush?" She questioned as her brother walking around her. He grabbed a piece of toast that their mom left for them before she headed to work early this morning.

"No time to talk. Got to meet up with Lucas and Mike" Dustin told her with food in his mouth.

Evelyn looked at him with disgust laced on her face since he was talking while chewing with food in his mouth. "please don't talk with your mouth full, I don't need you chocking" she told him.