Two

༺☆༻

For the following week, the boys avoided each other like the plague. Eddie dreaded this detention because an hour in a room with Steve Harrington? That was a punishment worse than medieval torture (and those guys were sadistic as fuck). God, Eddie will probably have to talk to Steve and surely, that would not end well.

Eddie spent the entirety of Friday trying to convince himself that it wouldn't be too bad. He knew he was lying to himself. When the last bell signals the end of school Eddie begins to make his way toward Mrs Graham's classroom. Halfway there his path is blocked by someone. He immediately recognizes it to be Christopher, a member of the basketball team.

"Hey uh could I talk to you?"
He mumbled hesitantly. Eddie furrowed his eyebrows in confusion but nodded. Why the hell would Christopher need to talk to him? His answer is given quite quickly when they arrive in the bathroom.
"So, how do I say this? Uh there's this party tomorrow at Tiffany's and uh, we were wondering if you could get your hands on some... drugs?" he whispers the last word and avoids eye contact
"What will you give me for them?" Eddie questioned, his gaze fixed on the brown-haired basketball player.
"I don't know, whatever you want I guess, maybe $100? Would that be good?" Christopher snarled, already getting annoyed with Eddie. He was visibly uncomfortable around him and Eddie thrived off of it.
"O...kay sure I guess, though won't Daddy be a little mad if he finds out his precious little boy is getting high?" Eddie retorted mockingly. Christopher rolled his eyes and breathed out heavily with annoyance.
"Okay uh thanks, just bring em to the party I don't care, I promised the girls that I'd get some drugs," he replied before turning away to walk out of the bathroom. Eddie grabbed him by the shoulder
"Hey, when am I getting my money?"
Christopher stared at Eddie for a bit before answering
"Monday, latest." He then tore away from Eddie and left the bathroom. Eddie stood there, a little bit puzzled but he was also about to be late for detention so he rushed out of the toilet and into the classroom.

When he arrived, he had one minute to spare, the teacher sent him a disapproving stare. Steve doesn't even bother to look his way at first. Thank God, he won't have to communicate with him after all. Eddie took a seat at the back of the room, far far away from Harrington
"No, no Mr Munson, I would like you to sit next to Steve thank you," she says and they both groan.
"Seriously? why does he have to sit next to me? The grease from his hair will get on me!" Steve whines, giving his hair a distasteful glare, but then glancing down to meet his gaze. They shared a look for a moment, one that Eddie didn't really understand (nor enjoy, having a staring contest with Steve upset his stomach). The teacher snapped at him to stop complaining. Steve obeys, keeping his head down and fixing his gaze on the desk. Eddie slumps into the chair next to him muttering angrily,
"This is fucking stupid."
To which Steve replies
"You're fucking stupid." not once ripping his gaze off of his desk.
"I wasn't talking to you, asshole, besides, you are the reason we are stuck in this shithole Harrington. You have no fucking right to complain." Eddie hissed at him. Steve turns his head to look him dead in the eye "Oh ho. Me? How did I get us into this? Please Munson, enlighten me." he responds, outraged.
"Well, if you hadn't been making out with some girl on my locker I wouldn't have had to move you." Eddie states, to which Steve scoffs.
"It's not my fault I get girls who would fight just to get a taste (unlike some greasy-haired punk I am unfortunate enough to know) so don't get pissed off just because no girl would go near you with a ten-foot pole Munson." Steve snarled at Eddie with a smug expression
"Are we talking about your little wet dreams now? We all know that those chicks are so horny and desperate that they flock around any guy who will give them a ride. They only choose cos you're nearby, and because you are a tease, Whorington."
"My life is your wet dream, Munson. You wish you could be me. Besides, you must be a fucking nun (all holy and shit), everyone wants my body. Horny or not." he smirks drawing Eddies attention to Steve's bottom lip that was pressed down with his teeth. Thoughts swirling his head.
Though he quickly snaps himself out of it and retorts,
"Yes, they only want you because they know you are willing to get all used up by everyone who doesn't have enough brain cells to realise that you're just some horny guy. You seem like the type to fuck absolutely anyone. Actually, I'm pretty sure you would fuck your own mother if she hadn't birthed you." Eddie spits out the last sentence in a spiteful tone, watching with satisfaction as Steve's face contorts in disgust.