16) forever yours

Helmut Zemo is the love of my life, the man of my dreams... also a man hiding from the law, he isn't perfect but he's mine, we have such short time together considering the dora milaje are on his tail, and we'd made a runner from Sam and Bucky, I'm so fucked for going with him but you only live once.

"What are we doing here Zemo"
"Helmut, please"
"Oh yeah of course sorry" I anxiously rub the back of my neck "So..."
"As you are aware my freedom, if you can even call it that, has come to its end, I just wanted to see the memorial one last time"
I simply nod, not knowing what to say
"I'll be miss you "y/n, more than I hoped I would"
"I'll come and visit ze-Helmut, you know that"
"For now, your bound to meet somebody new"
"Hey. I'm forever yours okay?"
He smiled softly, bringing me closer, holding me tightly, slowly lifting his hand to my chin bringing my face close to his, our lips connect softly, melting with each other's. For a moment, just a single god damn moment everything feels safe and normal.

"Fun's over you two"
My lips rip away "Bucky"
"I expected you sooner" zemo claims chuckling slightly under his breathe
"I don't have time for jokes zemo, y/n here now c'mon, you know better than this"
i walked to stand behind him, sheepishly, leaving Zemo stood alone.
"Do it then James, you came here to kill me did you not? Do it."
To my horror Bucky began to lift his arm, in his arm he held a gun
"bucky, no please"
"Y/n stay out of this." He grunts, lifting the gun towards Zemos head, my body freezes with fear, I'm unable to obtain words as  my throat is whisked dry.
Zemo smiles at me and my heart swells, confusion overwhelms me, Bucky isn't a murder, he wouldn't let himself return to his old routes.
The gun clicks.

Nothing.
Bucky chuckles, and Zemos face is plastered with disappointment.

The dora milaje arrive, taking Zemo by both arms and begin to escort him away, my Brain still unable to comprehend what is happing, everything's moving undeniably quick.
"Goodbye James"  Zemo nods towards him "I took the liberty of crossing my name out of your book, I forgive you" (IS THAT WHAT HE SAYS IN THE SHOW IDK ITS BEEN AGES)
Bucky says nothing, he turns to me
"Forever yours" he smiles and looks at me with his watery eyes before being pushed forward and being pulled away

"Forever yours" I say under my breathe, sniffling.
"C'mon y/n, let's go home" Bucky says placing and arm on my shoulder
"No" I shrug said arm off "leave me alone Bucky"
I begin to walk away
"There was no other way, he's a criminal y/n"
"Perhaps, doesn't mean I'm okay with it."
"What does that even mean????"
I walk
"Y/n?"
i walk.

SUPRISE! I'm back??? Kinda?? Ish???
Idk if this will be consistent but idk I felt like writing and as you can tell my writing abilities have not improved. Love you all and thank you for all the support, never in my life did I believe I'd Receive this many  reads of a story I lazily wrote.
Thank you truly