10 || THE RESEARCH

Start from the beginning

"I mean, would you?" Lucas asked the girl making her shake her head slowly. The sound of a door opening made Fiona and the rest of the group slightly jump at the sudden noise.

The sound of footsteps walking door the stairs could be heard only to reveal Nancy and Robin who were both holding a file. "Okay, so. We have a plan." Nancy told them with a smirk.

Nancy and Robin immediately sat down next to the group handing Steve a file and Dustin the other, opening up the files Robin spoke. "Thanks to Nancy's minions, we are now rock-star psychology students at the University of Notre Dame."

Fiona looked over at the file that Steve held open in his hands and looked at all the fake information it held about Robin. "I'm now Ruth." Nancy told them.

"And I'm Rose." Robin then spoke.

"Ruth?" Fiona and Steve questioned the name which Nancy had chosen for herself making her shrug.

"Nice GPA." Dustin complimented Nancy causing her to smile. "Thanks."

"So we called Pennhurst Asylum, told them we'd like to speak with Creel for a thesis we're co-writing on paranoid schizophrenics." Nancy told them, looking over at Robin. "To which they said no." The blonde finished.

"But we landed a three o'clock with the director." Nancy informed the group making Fiona look at them very impressed.

"Now all we have to do is charm him and convince him to let us talk to Victor." The blonde woman beside Nancy said. "And then maybe we can free Max of this curse." Nancy told them, sending a small glance over to the redhead who was still busy writing.

"About that. We've been doing our Victor Creel homework, and, uh we got some questions." Steve nodded at them as he spoke. "A lot of questions." Lucas agreed.

"Yeah, like a shit ton of questions." Fi told them, her eyes going wide. "So do we. Hopefully, Victor has the answers." Nancy told them.

"Wait... Wait... Wait a second." Steve stuttered. "Where's mine?" Steve questioned the two ladies, looking down at the two files.

"What made you think you were getting one?" Fiona questioned the slightly older boy.

Nancy and Robin had gone upstairs up to Nancy's room so they could find some clothes which could make their act more believable. Steve had followed the girls only to come back down a couple of minutes later disappointed.

The group of four were all staring at Max, watching her write whatever it was she was writing.

"I know you guys are staring at me." The sound of Max's voice made the group immediately look away and pretend they had no idea what the girl was talking about.

Lucas picked up the article, Dustin was pretending to think, Steve started throwing a ball up in the air and catching it and Fiona just started coughing like a crazy lady.

"What, sorry?" Steve asked the girl, pretending he didn't hear what she said.

"Huh? What's staring? Sorry, I have a really bad cough." Fiona quickly said in between her fake coughs.

"You said you needed something?" Dustin asked the girl as the ball Steve was throwing up accidentally hit Fiona on the head making Steve laugh a little at his 'sisters' reaction.

Fiona immediately made the ball fly back into Steve's face earning laughs from Lucas and Dustin. "Not cool, man." He told her, rubbing his face where the ball hit.

"How you think your eyes boring into the back of my head is protecting me from Vecna, I don't know." Max told them as the group went back to watching Max who was now collecting the pieces of paper she wrote on.

The girl stood up, making everyone look away immediately yet again.

Nobody looked at Max as she now stood in front of the four, acting like she didn't know she was even there. "You can look at me now." Max told them, everyone immediately looking at the girl.

The redhead was holding multiple envelopes and walked towards Dustin. "For you." She handed one of them to the Henderson boy.

She then handed one to Steve and Lucas before turning to the side so she was now, "And for you."

Fiona took the envelope out of her hand, looking at it wearily before looking at the Fiona which was written on it with a heart drawn beside it.

"Oh and um, give these to Mike, El and Will." The Mayfield girl handed three other envelopes to the girl, each of them having their names written on it.

Everyone went to open the small sealed paper package only to be stopped before they could take it out, "What are you doing? That's not for now. Don't open it."

"Don't? Okay." Dustin said, shaking his head he close the envelope like how it originally was.

"I'm sorry. What is this?" Fiona asked curiously as she looked at each of the envelopes she held in her hands.

"It's um..." The girl trailed off. "It's a fail-safe. For after. If things, um, don't work out." She stuttered.

"What do you mean if things don't work out? Things are going to work out, Max." The Harrington girl told the redhead.

"Yeah, things are gonna work out." Lucas agreed as he nodded his head.

"No!" Max immediately told the two, making them stop talking immediately.

"No. I don't need you to reassure me and tell me it's all gonna work out. People have been telling me that my entire life and it's almost never true. It's never true." Max spoke quickly making the whole group look down at the letters which they were holding.

"I mean, of course, this asshole curses me. Should've seen that one coming." Max told them with a bit of a laugh in disbelief.

No one said anything for a few seconds until Max walked over to the table on which the walkie talkie sat. "If we go to East Hawkins will this reach Pennhurst?" Max asked them.

"Of course. Yeah." Dustin told the girl with a nod of his head. "Why are we talking about East Hawkins?" Steve asked making the whole group look at him with a knowing look.

"No. No!" Steve denied.

alex speaks

this chapter literally sucks so sorry about that also im sorry for the lack of Eddie these last couple chapters i promise he will be making a comeback soon!!

please vote and comment!!
word count: 1629