Chapter Twenty Seven

I am literally FEEDING you guys rn

Despite my drunken, dizzy mind, I spent the whole of the night thinking. Thinking of what to do next. Whether to attempt to fix things or just stay here in Dream's house, moping and being miserable. 

I think it was then that I realized that there was nothing left for me here. I didn't have a purpose anymore. My purpose was to protect L'manburg but how am I supposed to do that when I'm not part of L'manburg anymore? 

And there was no point in attempting to rebuild friendships - it was only a matter of time until they would all betrayed me again. No, I knew what I had to do. I think I've known for a long time but I tried to fight it. I tried to convince myself that things could be different. I had lied to myself. 

I had to leave. Find somewhere new to settle. 

By the time the sun rose, I had my mind set on the idea. I pretended to be asleep as Sapnap crept past the couch that I was sleeping on and out the door. He had come back last night looking distressed and finally took me up on my offer for a drink. It seemed that the talk with George didn't go well at all.  

I screwed my eyes shut as Dream came down the stairs. I could feel him looking at me, even with my eyes closed, and I heard him sigh as he walked over to me. 

Please go away, I silently pleaded. Dream had been the reason I had stayed behind for so long. If anyone could change my mind about this, it would be him. 

I could feel his weight at the end of the couch as he sat down. I tried to not lean into his touch as he placed a warm hand on my cheek and I tried not to cry as he planted a soft kiss on my forehead. 

Please leave me alone.

"I love you." He whispered, thinking that I was asleep. It took everything in me to not open my eyes and wrap my arms around him. 

He sighed again as he got up and left the house too. As soon as the door closed, I sat up and walked to the door, putting my shoes on. I sat there, looking at the clock, waiting exactly 5 minutes before I opened the door and left the house, making sure that Dream would be long gone by the time I stepped out the door. 

Even though my plan was to leave without anyone knowing, I felt like I owed someone an explanation. A particular someone.

****************************************************

I knocked on the door, my hands freezing from the cold air. It was snowing and all I was wearing was a jumper - I hadn't even thought to bring a jacket. There was no answer to my knocks and my heart sank. What if no one was in? Then I would've travelled all this way for nothing. 

I raised my hand to knock again but before I even had the chance to, the door opened, revealing a very surprised man. 

"Y/n," Technoblade blinked, surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey Techno." I said, crossing my arms. "Can I come in? I won't be long, I promise." 

He just stared at me for a couple of seconds and, for a moment, I thought that he was going to say no and send me away, but then he opened the door further and and let me in. I nodded my head in thanks as I stepped into the warmth of my old home. 

Everything looked the same as I remembered it. It was as though nothing had changed and that time had paused here. I walked over to the sink, which was completely empty.

"Look at those bubbles, happily playing around. That's you inside of this cottage." He pointed to the drain. "And the drain, is the outside world. Dark, unexpected with a strong force pulling you towards it. And these bubbles? They don't stand a chance against the force pulling them in. And once you're in, there's no way out. And you'll never be able to return here again and I'll never be able to see you. Tell me, do you want that Y/n?"