Chapter 26 : I know you better than you!

Start from the beginning

-

-

Vansh stood blushing, due to all the teasing and mocking by his family and friends.
Meera arrived with Preeti and Neharika on each side of her. Swati who was sitting on one of the ottomans embraced her going to be sister-in-law.
The elder ladies made Meera sit at her special place.

"Maine to tumhe itne saalo se iss parivar ka hi hissa mana hai. Ab se kuch din mein tum officially is ghar ki member ban jaogi." Mrs Ahuja said embracing Meera.
[I've always considered you a part of this family. Within few days you'll be officially a member of the family.]

"Yes. Now we can torture this guy morning and night together!!" Jay grinned high fiving her.

"Kaisa bhai hai re mera!!" Vansh shook his head. He knew Jay and Meera together won't spare him. God give him strength to handle the mockings he'll bear from now on.
[What kind of a brother I have!!]

"OK now everyone let's start the ceremony." Mrs. Agnhiotri declared. All the ladies settled down to get their hands coloured with henna. Preeti whereas went to get some fruits for Swati.

"Aree you also go na! Jay will take care of these things." Swati said as Preeti forwarded a piece of Apple.

"Bhabhi, Jay bhai is busy looking after the guests and the arrangements. It's OK. I'll go later."

While Preeti fed Swati, Neharika also sat near them. The elder ladies persuaded her to get henna on her hands. Though hesitant initially, she finally agreed.
Preeti fed a piece to her too.

"Preeu come na!"Neharika insisted. Preeti nodded and went to keep away the plate.

When she turned around to go back she noticed a familiar person speaking with Jay.

"What is he doing here?" Preeti muttered panicking. She neither expected nor wished to see the person in her life.

Jay turned around to see Preeti standing near. He smiled and called her nearer. "Preeti this is Nikhil Awasthi. He's the wedding planner as well as a good friend of mine. If you guys need any help, he'll be there."

Preeti forcefully passed a smile at Nikhil who was equally surprised to see her there.
She excused herself as she was still in a shock and settled near Neharika contemplating whether or not to tell her about the encounter.

"Preeu what happened? You seem lost" Neharika asked sensing that she had zoned out.

"Uhh....nothing. I'm fine. How's it going?" Preeti asked changing the topic. "Look!!" Neharika excitedly showed her the henna.

She looked quite happy while applying the henna. Preeti was unwilling to spoil her mood so she decided to keep mum for now.

Meanwhile Akhil, Ashish, Vansh and Jay approached and settled besides their ladies, Ashish was though being awkward at first.