Chapter 2.

"I think I can speak for all of us when I say, it's been a tough year for Hawkins. So much loss." Jason solemnly stated.

Y/n's eyes downcast at the mention of loss.

"And sometimes I wonder, 'How much loss can one community take?' " Jason asked, pausing dramatically.

"In dark days like this, we need something to believe in. So, last night, when we were down by ten points at half to Christian Academy, I looked at my team, and I said, 'Think of Jack, think of Melissa, think of Heather, think of Billy, think about our heroic police chief, Jim Hopper." As Jason had said his name, all eyes went towards Y/n.

The girl shifted in her place uncomfortably.

"Thank you, Y/n." Jason thanked, giving the girl a dazzling condescending smile. Y/n's chewed the inside of her mouth as she avoided the eyes that stared holes into her.

Y/n soon felt a hand rubbing her back comfortingly. Y/n glanced up at Steve, smiled softly at the boy before turning her attention back to Jason.

"Think about each and every one of our friends who perished in that fire, what did they die for? For us to lose to some — some crap school? No!" Jason yelled, pacing back n forth as the school all echoed out a 'No!'.

Y/n couldn't deal with Hawkins any longer.

That's what she gathered from today's pep-rally.

"Steve! Stevie!" A girly high pitched voice yelled.     Y/n stopped herself from continuing her and Steve's conversation upon seeing a curly haired blonde come up to them.

"Hey, Brenda." Steve greeted, smiling.

"Hey, Stevie. Oh! Y/n, was it? So nice to meet the infamous Hopper." Brenda said, smacking her lips as she chewed her gum loudly.

"Infamous Hopper, huh." Y/n repeated as she side-eyed Steve who sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well, uh, let's — let's go before all the seats are taken." Steve ushered the two before they began to walk, Brenda walked in the front of Steve and Y/n.

"First Heidi? Now Brenda? You're on a roll, Stevie." Y/n teasingly whispered to the boy as she eyed the girl that was walking in front of them. "Shut up, Hopper." Steve grumbled, walking forward to meet up with the blonde girl.

"Does it bother you that, like, we might win a championship right after you graduated?" Brenda asked, smiling brightly as she twirled her curly blonde hair around her finger. "Oh, yeah, yeah, that's an interesting point. Thank you so much for bringing that up, Brenda." Steve sarcastically said, looking back at the Y/h/c haired girl who smirked smugly at him.

Steve sighed before walking up the bleachers, Y/n following suit.

"Everyone now, please rise for our national anthem." The Principle stated.

"Singing for us tonight, we have a very special guest. All the way from Nashville, our very own Tammy Thompson!" The Principle announced.

Y/n's eyes widened as with Steve's as they both looked at each other before turning towards Robin's direction, who looked at them with wide eyes and a gaped mouth in shock.

"Ohhhh say, can you seeeee—" Tammy began singing, the mic screeching.

'Oh, this is going to be good.' Y/n thought, holding back a laugh.

Y/n winced at the off-key-ness that was Tammy Thompson's singing — Y/n couldn't sing for shit, and she knew it, but at least she was self-aware.

Y/n turned towards Robin's direction, whispering a "This is the girl you liked, Rob." which earned a not-so-subtle middle finger from the said girl.