ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ Ⅰ: A Cruel Reality

Start from the beginning

"Thank you so much, Tanjiro," my mother says as I stand up. "Okay, I'll be heading out now," I let my mom know as I look at the front to see Takeo. "Takeo... Will you chop as much wood as you can?" I ask him. "Sure, I'll do it, but... I was hoping we could do it together," he says as he turns his face and pouts. I walk up to him as I stroke his hair saying, "There, there." This makes him agitated as he turns to look at me. "What's with that all of a sudden?" Takeo asks with surprise. "You're blushing, Take!" Shigeru points out as Takeo tells him to be quiet. "There, there," I say as I pat his head more causing the boy to blush more and become flustered at my actions. We all laugh at this, finding it sweet of him to be like this.

After that, I begin to walk away as I turn to look at my family, seeing them bid me goodbye as I wave back at them. "Big Brother!" I heard Nezuko call out as I walk over to her, greeting her and noticing she has Rokuta on her back. "I was putting Rokuta down for a nap, or he'd make a scene when you leave. He misses dad a lot after he passed away," Nezuko tells me as I caress Rokuta's head. "And everyone follows you wherever you go," she finishes as I smile.

"Oh, by the way, where is y/n?" I ask Nezuko. "She should be by that empty clearing over there," Nezuko says as she points to the direction. I thank her and walk off to where y/n is. As I get closer, I see her long h/c hair flowing with the gentle breeze, complimenting well with her white and baby blue kimono accompanied by a navy blue haori which faded into f/c. Her haori also had white spider lilies decorating it. She looked so beautiful as the snow landed onto her soft s/c skin.

I walk up to her, seeing her turn around and take notice of my presence. "Hello Tanjiro. Sorry to make you wait," y/n says as she stands up, removing the snow from her kimono and haori. She picks up her paintings and puts them onto a makeshift carry on which she places on her back.

We both smile at each other as we begin to make our descent from the mountain. As we walk down, I begin to think back to the day I met her. It was so cold that day. She would've died if dad and I weren't there. She was only 5 and I was 6, but I could feel that we were meant to be together. It must've been fate. Otherwise, how am I here with the most beautiful, pure girl in the world?

My siblings and mother have caught on to how I act around y/n. They often tease me about it and I even remember one day that my mother asked how I think my future will be like and without thinking I said "Y/n and I would be married happily and live a cozy life on the mountains with lots of our own kids." Needless to say, that was a embarrassing day to say the least, but I really did mean what I said.

Before I knew it, we were already at the town as I took in the atmosphere. "Well now, Tanjiro, y/n! I can't believe you two came down from the mountain on a day like this. You two are such hard workers. You might catch a cold, you know?" a older woman told us as we walked closer to the woman before stopping. "This is nothing, really. Do you have enough charcoal?" I ask. "And would you like a painting?" y/n adds as I smile at her.

"Hey, Tanjiro! Can I have some charcoal? Thanks for fixing my sliding doors the other day," a man said. Soon another voice of a woman was heard, saying, "Y/n! Can I buy one of your paintings? As a decoration for my home and a thank you for taking care of my kids while I ran some errands." Soon enough, more townsfolk began to ask if they could buy charcoal and paintings as y/n and I looked at each other with a smile.

Just then, I hear grunts and struggles as I turn around to see the sliding door open and out comes a older woman holding a young man by his haori. "Tanjiro! Oh man, perfect timing!" said man exclaimed as he hurried to me with the woman still holding onto him. He soon gets free from the lady as he gets on his knees and presents me with a purple cloth which he unwrapps to show broken pieces of a red plate. "I've been accused of breaking this plate! Help me out, will you? Sniff it!" the man said as he brought the plate up as I leaned in and smelled the plate. "I smell a cat," I say simply as the man looks relieved and looks at the woman with a 'I told you so' expression before the two begin to argue.