ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ Ⅰ: A Cruel Reality

3rd POV

Cold

It was a dark, snowy day in the thick forest full of trees. Birds were silent and only the gust of winds could be heard.

On that day, a pair of small legs trotted along the heavy, thick snow. A little girl with long h/c hair, wearing nothing but a black and white kimono on this stormy day. Not even sandals covered her small feet as she continued to walk with no where to go.

There was dry blood on her kimono as well as some scratches on the girl's body. Although the blood was dry, her tears could not be quenched. No matter what harsh condition she was in, the little girl only cried. She didn't know where she was, her family, home. She knew nothing except for her name.

The young girl was on death's door, waiting for it's door to open any second and consume her with its warm embrace. She fell on the snow, but felt like she could no longer move. Her tears continued to pour out as she layed there on the cold snow.

She felt like closing her eyes, but before she could, a small hand reached out for hers. She looked up to be met by crimson eyes. It was a boy around her age with maroon hair, a scar on his forehead and checkered green and black haori along with a grey blue cloth wrapped around his head to keep him warm. He was also accompanied by a man with long hair in a ponytail.

"Are you okay?" the little boy asked with concern as all the girl could do was stare at him with tearful silent eyes. The little girl took hold of the boy's hand, but couldn't move. She was too cold to move. Just then, the little girls body gets lifted up and off the snow my the frail man as they all begin to walk somewhere. The little girl didn't know where she was being taken to, but she trusted them. With that, she slowly began to doze off as the cold breeze dried up her tears.

°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Tanjiro's POV

-timeskip 7 years later-

As I loaded coal into my basket and lifted it onto my back, I heard my mother call my name as I turn around to see her walking out of the house. "Your face is covered in soot. Come over here," she said as I do as she says, walking over to her. She puts the piece of cloth on my face as she gently wipes off the soot.

"It's dangerous with all this snow. You don't have to go, you know," my mother tells me. "Well, I want everyone to eat their fill on New Year's, so I'm gonna sell as much charcoal as I can," I say. "Thank you," my mother says as she finishes cleaning my face.

Just then, I hear Shigeru call me as I turn around to see him along with Hanako running towards me. "You're going to town again today?" Shigeru asks excitedly. "I'm going with you!" Hanako says with a ecstatic tone. "Oh no, you're not. You know you can't walk fast like Tanjiro," my mother says as she walks up to my two siblings. "Mom!" Shigeru complains, but mom stays firm on not letting them come along with me.

"Since he can't use the cart today, he won't be able to give you a ride when you're tired. Plus, y/n is going along with him and she can't carry you two either since she has a lot of paintings she'll carry," Mom reminds them as the two pout. "Big Bro!" Shigeru says as he hugs me. "I wanna go with you! I promise I'll help you!" Hanako says in an attempt to convince me to let her come along. I smile as I pat her head. "Thanks, Hanako. But you're staying home today," I tell her as she gives me a disappointed look.

I crouch down to Shigeru's level as I place my right hand on his shoulder and the other hand on the side of his face. "You too, Shigeru. But I'll get you tons of goodies, okay?" I tell him as I see his face lighten up. "Really?" he asks excitedly as I reply with a 'Yeah.' I remove my left hand from Shigeru's face as I place it on Hanako's. "And Hanako, I'll read for you when I'm back," I promise her as she smiles and agrees. "That's a good girl," I praise as I stroke her hair with a smile.