The Quater Quell

Phht! my arrow whizzez through the air and hits a squirrel right in the eye. I smile and go drop it into my game bag. I feel so relived I turned 19 last month. It meant that I cant be chosen for the Hunger Games. And since I am a only child, We have no one else in our family to be reaped. We are all relived. Everyone in District 12 celebrates when someone turns 19. Instead of having different parties, we all celebrate at the end of the year. Theres cake sponsored by the Bakery and Soup and a whole bunch of food that everyone dives into, and at the end the 19 year olds do a special dance.But anyway. Im quite skilled with a Bow an arrow and a Knife im pretty good with, but bow is my specialty. Anyway, I see some rabbits together, I smile and load my bow. After about another 15 minutes

of hunting, I head off back to the fence. I have a big grin on my face, I shot 4 Rabbits, 3 Squirrels and amazingly, A deer. A 170 pound deer. My mother usually cooks the squirrels, but she says if we catch a deer, we take it home and sell the rabbits and the squirrels. It feeds us for 3 weeks a deer. So i stop off at home to drop off the deer, then I head off to the Hob. The Hob is a Black market where we trade for food or fabric. I trade my rabbits for some vegetables, Cheese and some milk. Then i head off to the bakery to trade some bread for squirrles. Queta and Gordo love squirrel and there sons, Jake and Riely, love it just as much. Queta smiled when she saw me walk in. "Hello" she said. She had that tone that made everyone feel welcome. "Hi'' I reply. I whisper to her, "Ive got some squirrels." She smiles, she walks round the back and gives me 5 loaves. "We always have plenty of bread and sorry but 2 are overcooked." "No worries, as long as its real bread." I reply. We both laugh. I walk out the bakery and then I start to walk more slowly. Thats because he came out of the coal mines. Josh Skyler. Sleek black hair, Dark brown eyes,Olive skin = the man of my dreams. I head home and look at the time. Its 4:58. The Quater quell anounccment starts at 5. I sit down and relax on the couch. Then my Best friend comes. Her smooth black Ponytail lies down her back. She jumps onto the couch and looks at the Tv. Her family is a bit less lucky than ours.We got a Tv off of A Hob Trader because she didnt need it anymore. It costed us about 15 Rabbits but we managed. So my Bestie, Shaila, always comes over to watch a special announcment. We have similar things like we hunt for the family. Sometimes she comes with me for hunting and most of the time earlier than me. Her weapon is the Blowgun.she is really good with it. My other Bestie,Kat,comes around. Her long ginger hair sways as she hops on the other side of the couch. Like Shaila, her family doesnt have a Tv and she hunts with a spear. Her hair and freckles are a only in District 12. Lots have freckles but she is the only one with ginger hair. "Hi guys." I says."Wassup Tails." Kat says. We giggle. I got the nickname "Tails" Because my name is like Tails, and my Brown plait is like tails on my head. So thats how I got the nickname. Then the Tv flickers on. We all stare at it. "Good evening Panem." President Snow says. Were all 19 and none of us have siblings exept for Kat, and he turned 19 yesterday so we have nothing to worry about. "Today is the 150th hunger games, wich means a Quater Quell." "No shit sherlock" I whisper to my friends. We giggle and Snow continues with his speech. "So the twist this year is," a boy in a white tux with a small rose in his front pocket comes with a box with hundreds of little envelopes in it. Snow carefully picks up one labelled "150" He opens it and reads "To show that we have the power over all, Only the people of 19 to 25 will be selected."

We gasped. We were absoloutly terrified! So was most of the kids in Panem. We could not belive this. We were going to be in the reaping again