He walked faster. "I- owed you. For the food..." Hunter answered, his voice trailing off. Gus caught up with him. 

Hunter looked down at the steps pausing. "Are these real steps or illusion steps?" He muttered to himself and stepped down cautiously.

He fell forward and down the stairs. "Real steps." He groaned. 

Gus stepped down cautiously. "When we first met, you were trying to trick me into joining a coven." he said. "And now you're helping me stay away from one."

He stepped forward holding out his hand, "Cause of a sandwich?"

Hunter glanced at it, with an irritated look. I need to get this kid to some teachers. Then I can try and find Y/n. Hunter pushed Gus's hand away. "It was a good sandwich." He got up and walked passed Gus.

"No sandwich is that good!" Gus said quickly and ran after him. He tried again. "Come on, if we wanna find a way through this, we need to trust each other. What's goin' on with you and Y/n?"

Hunter paused and glanced back at him. He looked away and shifted his gaze down. "I-"

"Hey!" Someone shouted. "It's the kid!"

Hunter and Gus looked up and saw two scouts. Hunter summoned Flapjack into staff and charged at the two. He knocked one down, but the other captured him in abomination goo.

"Hunter!" Gus ran forward but was stopped by plant magic from the guard that fell down.

The guard that Captured Hunter in abomination goo stepped forward. "Wait. Aren't you the Golden Guard?"

The other guard got up. "Where's the Silver Soldier? Are they here too?- You know what, I don't care. Dude, what the heck?! We're on the same side!"

"Our deepest apologies, sir." The first guard said releasing him.  "The emperor sent out a search party for you and the Silver Soldier! He's been worried sick!"

Hunter shifted nervously. "You don't say..." 

Flapjack flew around Gus, chirping as he narrowed his eyes on Hunter. He glanced down at the abomination goo by his feet, getting an idea.

"I'd be honored to escort you to the castle after we find the Silver Soldier, sir."  The first guard said. "I'm sure the emperor will be thrilled to know at least one of you are okay!-...Say, why aren't you in uniform?"

Hunter stammered. "I-I-"

Gus slammed his foot down on the glyph, shooting fire at the two guards. "Follow me!" He said running passed Hunter. 

Hunter glanced back at the guards before running after Gus.

You groaned and said, "This is so tiring!" You said. 

"Where'd they go?!" You heard. You turned and saw two guard. 

They looked around and saw you and a student. "Wait- There's the Silver Soldier!" One of the guards said. 

The other looking the your direction saying, "Mx!" They called. "Have you seen the Golden Guard? He was just here but he ran with the kid-"

You stepped in front of Jake. "I- Uh...No. I haven't."

The guard saw your outfit. "Why aren't you two in uniform?!" The guard groaned. "Come on, mx, let's find your partner and get you escorted to the castle," They stepped forward and you made a spell circle making an ice wall. You grabbed Jakes wrist and pulled him down the dirt road, making turns. You both ran through an illusion and found yourself in the school's hallway.

Jake pulled his wrist away harshly. "You lied to me?" He asked. "You're the Silver Soldier?"

You looked at him nervous. "No. Not anymore. And the Golden Guard isn't the Golden Guard anymore." You turned. "Now that we're out of the illusion, we should find you a safe place."

"Wait- You can't leave it like that!" Jake said catching up with you. "Did you and the Golden Guard run away from the emperor's coven?"

"Yes." You grumbled.

You paused because you heard voices. You held up your hand and you snuck to the corner of the hall. You peeked because you saw Hunter and that kid Gus, being captured by Adrien himself.

You turned to Jake, "Go! I have to help my friend- Look for a safe place to hide, just...go!" You didn't wait, you ran at Adrien jumping up and making a spell circle. Vines shot out and Adrien moved out the way. 

"There you are, Silver Soldier," He sang softly.

You felt someone grab onto your arms from behind. Hunter didn't move. "What'd you do to Hunter?!" You snapped kick at the guard behind you. 

Adrien rolled his eyes. "Grab the kids and let's go. We can take the Golden Guard and the Silver Soldier to the castle with the kid."

You made a small spell circle with your finger, shooting fire at the guard behind you. "Dude," The guard held onto you tighter as he spoke to his colleague. "You need to put this one to sleep too." 

"Wait wait-" You start but the other guard is already playing a flute. Your eyelids start to feel heavy and you drift off to sleep.

Your eyes drift open tiredly and you saw Jake carrying you and following a man with a demon on his head. You drifted to sleep again. 

Your eyes open and you saw them open a door. Your eyes close. 

Your eyes snap open to see Hunter standing over you, worry etched on his face. He grabbed your shoulders. "Y/n?" He asked quietly. "Are you okay?"

You sat up and Hunter pushed you back down. "Wait." He said. "Does anything hurt?" He asked you.

"No," You said grabbing onto his wrists. "Can I sit up now?"

He released your shoulders and you sat up. You saw he looked stressed and you smiled. "Hey, it's alright. We're alright!" You said happily.

Hunter sighed and hugged you. "Sorry I left you so suddenly. We're going to help Gus again though. They're hiding him in the gym."

You hugged him back. "Okay!" Hunter released you and both smiled at each other.

Jake came over, "Are you okay?" He asked quickly. 

You nodded. "Yeah! Thanks for helping me, Jake." 

He smiled. "No problem, Y/n!"

Hunter glanced at the two of you, a weird feeling in his stomach. He felt irritated. And the need to get Jake out of your sight.

 Weird.