Date

I was now with my mom on the car; we were going to pick Dustin up from the camp.

"They're all at home as we agreed?" My mom asked me. The kids were going to be at our house to surprise Dustin.

"Yes, mom. They're all there." I reassured her.

"Good, good... I just hope Dusty liked the surprise."

"Mom, relax. Everything will be fine." I sighed. She worried too much about Dustin. Always has, always will. I was just glad she didn't know about the Upside Down. Can you imagine how she would react?

Once we arrived and Dustin saw us, he came running towards us. I stepped out of the car so I could give him a hug.

"MAVIS!" He yelled happily.

"Dustin!" I exclaimed once he wrapped his arms around me.

"I missed you!" He mumbled.

"I missed you too, Dust." I said as I messed his hair a bit.

After saying hi to our mother, we stepped inside the car. He told us about is camp and how he had a girlfriend now. As soon as he stopped talking, he grabbed his walkie-talkie so he could talk to our friends.

"This is Gold leader returning to base. Do you copy? Over." He said. I can't believe they still use the stupid code names.

Since he got no answer, he tried again, still getting no response.

"I repeat: This is Goddamn-"

"Dusty!" My mom reprehended while I just laughed at his frustration.

"What?!" He asked annoyed.

"Relax! For God's sake." My mom sighed.

"Yeah, Dustin. Relax, dude. I bet they're just busy." I told him.

"I don't care. I'm in rage, they should be answering me!" He told us.

"You've been away a whole month, honeybun. Maybe they just... forgot" My mom suggested.

"How could they forget? I mean... it's me we're talking about." He huffed. He needs to take down his ego a little bit, my god! "You guys talked about me while I was away, right?" Dustin asked me.

"I mean, yeah... every once in a while." I said stepping into my mom's game.

Dustin got sad and looked at the window, while my mother and I shared a knowing look.

Once we got home, Dustin went to his room mad.

"I feel bad for him." My mom told me.

"Mom, they're literally right there." I said pointing at the kids who were hiding in the kitchen. "Dustin will be fine."

After saying that, I joined the kids in the kitchen.

"How was the car ride?" Lucas asked me.

"Tiring." I sighed, making them laugh. "He got really sad after thinking that you forgot about him."

"Well, that's the plan." Mike told us.

"I want to see his reaction so bad." Max commented and Will agreed.

"Let's start phase 2, shall we?" I asked them, grinning. "El, are you ready?" I asked her.

"Ready." She said nodding her head.

As planned, El and I started messing with the robotic toys he had in his room. Steve would love to be here, but he had to work so he couldn't come.

Then, we made the toys leave the room and come to where we were.