Memories...precious aren't they?

(A/N: If you recognize this story from a little server called the Moonstruck council, I originally wrote it on Wattpad. This was actually written on August 8th, 2021. Now the council is disbanded, and I'm now left with this, and guilt lol. Sorry for any spelling errors too.)

Aries stared at the little advertisement on his phone. Strange....why was he sent this? Why did the Days Union send these out to traitors? But alas, he couldn't ignore it.

TIRED OF WORKING A BORING JOB IN THE CITY? WANT TO EXPLORE THE WORLD AND SEE WHAT IT TRULY IS? JOIN THE UNION MILITARY TODAY ---

['Work with our various <CPAUYR> units in the <FIELD>, and with other <CITIZENS> alike.']['Benefits include: <//////////>, <////// ///////>, and <///////>.']['If you would like to <JOIN> please use your <AVAILABLE_DEVICES> to enter in our <ENLISTMENT_PROGRAM>, down below.']---['Thank you for <READING> this <NOTICE>.']['<SALVATION_FOR_THE_UNION>']---['<TRANSMISSION_ENDED>']

He couldn't stop reading it. The scenarios in his head kept him from deleting the advertisement. But... One scenario gave him an idea.

An Idea that could help him find the Moonstruck leader, his dear older brother, and destroy the whole Days Union. It took Aries some time for him to agree with this plan since, of course, the Council and his life would be in his own hands if he left, but he knew what to do.

Aries quickly registered for the Days Military program and began packing most of his stuff in a backpack.

"It's for the best. You are protecting your council- No you're protecting your family if you do this, Aries." He said to himself as he continued packing.

When he was almost done packing, he accidentally came across an old photo with the past him, when he was once called Kyle Phantom, and some Day civilians playing some scary game. The bottom had a message that said "CIVILIANS GO ON FIELD TRIP WITHOUT GOVERNOR??!?!? [DEMON SUMMONED!] [AT 3 AM] [GONE WRONG] [POLICE CALLED]" It made Aries laugh as the old memories came back to him. He threw the photo with the rest of the stuff in his backpack.

As he was done packing, Aries threw on some old civilian uniform he got and pulled his hair into a small ponytail so he could blend in with the other civilians.

All he needed to do was to explain to the Council and his brother, Chess, his absence.

He grabbed some paper and wrote a little message. When he was done, he placed it on the floor and grabbed his backpack.

Aries swung open the window, revealing the beautiful night sky, and began climbing out of it and heading towards the Days military training.

The message that he wrote for everyone to read kept repeating in his head.

Dearest Council,

                                 By the time you're reading this, I am gone. No, I didn't die, I just joined the Days Military to get information and to find our leader. I know my life is on the line but I am doing it to protect all of you. Yes, including the captured civilians.

I no longer think of you as teammates or test subjects, but all as family. Yeah yeah I know it sounds cringe but I really mean it. I need to protect you all from the Days in order for all of you to be happy. I am truly sorry I couldn't tell you guys earlier.

This isn't my final goodbye, nor the first. I love you all (family-wise)

The Facilitator/Aries Hex

As Aries made Day's military training entrance, he smiled, with all the happy memories he made with his new family and walked in.

----------------------------------------------------------------