xx. 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬?

Start from the beginning

"Yes, Jonathan, I did." he said in return.

"Thanks, Jonathan." Peter gave a nervous laugh, touching his own nose. "But, that's wine."

"And it turns out I have to go to a conference tomorrow. In Alaska." Joyce went on with her previous conversation.

"Burr." Wesley shook his head. "Burr."

"Burr." Argyle agreed.

"Tomorrow?" Mike spoke.

"Alaska?" Will gapped.

"Will you bring me home a polar bear?" Peter looked past El's head.

"I think that's illegal, dude." Argyle shook his head.

"That's where they're based, the Britannicas." Joyce nodded, speaking of her job. "Joan and Brian Britannica."

"So do Eskimos, like, still live in igloos, or, uh, are they, like, fully-blown like, living in the..in the suburbs now?" Argyle looked to Murray for an explanation, Peter snuck a noodle down to DP.

"Who is this?" Murphy nodded over to Argyle.

"So, Jonathan, this means you're gonna have to, you know, take charge while i'm gone." Joyce nodded to her oldest. "And, you know, watch certain people here. At this table."

"She's talking about you." Mike whispered to Peter.

"Wait, what? What's going on?" Jonathan looked around the table. "Peter, you have a perfect nose. Did anyone notice he had a perfect nose?"

"You said it already." El stared at him.

"Your moms going to Alaska." Argyle whispered to him.

"You're going to Alaska?" he faced Joyce again. "What's going on in Alaska?"

"Polar bears." Peter hummed.

"The Britannicas are there." Argyle whispered to him again.

"The Britannicas?" he looked around confused again. Wesley dropped his fork and clapped his hand over his mouth to hide a laugh.

"Jonathan, what is wrong with you?" Joyce stared at him like he had eight heads.

"I think I know what's wrong with him." Murray adjusted his glasses.

"I want some." Peter confirmed.

"No." Will, Wesley, Mike, and El said on sync.

"We just had a super stressful day." Jonathan shrugged his shoulders.

"This girl got shmacked in the head today at the roller rink." Argyle explained.

"Shmacked?" Murray questioned.

"She deserved it." Peter mumbled.

"One of those vicious skate attacks." Argyle agreed.

"A shake attack?" the man at the end of the table gapped.

"Yeah, but it wasn't an ice skate. It was...it was a plastic skate." Jonathan waved his hand in explanation.

"No, it was, like, rubber." Argyle corrected.

"Rubber. Rubber." he hummed, Joyce gapped.

"You know what, i'm not sure." the long haired boy said honestly. "Anyway, she looked like she's gonna be fine."

"She didn't look fine." Mike mocked as he looked down at his plate. Peter dropped his fork as he turned his head to stare at him. El did the same, scooting away harshly.

"El, aren't you gonna finish your-" Joyce started, being cut off by Peter smacking Mike upside the head.

"Why do you always have to be such a dick?" he asked him in disbelief, standing up to follow.