"and i'm taking to you through dead people, right now. so what?" the body waved its arms around as it talked. "listen, harrow is too powerful for you to stop him alone. if marc... if he can fulfill his promise and return with steven again... he is going to need khonshu."

the conversations i had with both harrow and marc came back to me. i shook my head, "no, i-i can't. i can't let marc come back to that. or come back at all. which is why.." i looked back at harrow. he was distracted, and no one else was around. "why i'm ending this now."

"y/n, no! you can't beat him alone. like it or not, if you want steven and marc back, they need khonshu. you must break his ushabti. it's in the chamber of the gods. and you can be my avatar. marc said wonderful things about you-"

"no, no, no," i quickly put the knife away. "i'll fight him on my own."

"-it's time to go!" everyone started running back to the cars, so i put my mask up and ran to the car i was in.

after a long while of driving, we made it to pyramids tall as mountains in the middle of the desert, no roads around. we climbed up the rocks relentlessly, following harrow to the chamber of the gods.

i panted deeply, trying to get as much oxygen as possible. the mask was making it hard to breath, and the heat was awful.

when we were midway up the pyramid, harrow put his hand up and made us stop. he stood in front of the wall and pumped his staff down.

the rocks in front of him began to pull apart from each other and open to reveal a walkway. he led us inside and the walls kept opening, showing us more halls.

finally, the last wall opened. the chamber of the gods was immense, with statues everywhere and steps to the middle of the chamber.

"come, you won't believe what the gods have hidden from mankind."

everyone moved to the center of the chamber. harrow advanced closer to the other avatar's who'd been summoned. "you're judges, not warriors. this doesn't need to happen."

their fight began, each of them throwing attacks at harrow. i used it as my chance to  find where the gods ushabti's were stored. i found the nearest hall and was met with dozens of small statues in the wall. i searched each, trying to find konshu and his very evident bird beak.

finally, i found him. a candle was lit up next to him and all the others. i grasped the rough sand statue and moved to another hall closer to the middle of the chamber.

i broke his ushabti, smoke rose into the air and eventually formed khonshu. he stood at a solid nine feet tall, held a staff with a crescent moon, had drapes and cloths wrapped around him. and of course, the skull of a bird floated atop his torso.

"i do not sense marc spector in this world," his voice was incredibly deep, and he pronounced almost every syllable perfectly. his head stooped down towards me, "he died fighting, no doubt."

"fighting your war." i snarled at the god.

"and its far from over. if marc is truly gone, i am in need of an avatar. would you, y/n l/n, protect the travelers of the night-"

"are you joking?" i nearly yelled at him. my face twisted into a hateful glare. "you turned marc's life into a waking nightmare. why would i ever sign up for that?"

"because you won't win against harrow and ammit alone."

"i'll take my chances."

"marc was in crisis over you. his lack of focus got him killed. you need a plan, little bug. what i have to offer-"

"i don't care..! what you can offer. marc.. didn't trust you. i, don't trust you," i snapped at him and slowly walked towards the god. "we'll work together without me enslaving myself." i kept my voice strong and demanding to get my point across to the stubborn bastard.

"we must rebind ammit."

"how?"

"only an avatar can do it."

i glared at him, "i said, no."

he groaned and turned into dust abruptly. he suddenly appeared in the middle of the chamber with ammit. i heard deep voices converse and saw some of harrow's men leave. panic rose inside me as i hid behind a pillar.

when i looked back, one of the avatar's caught my eye, he was barely alive, but was pulling himself up the steps and away from the fight between ammit and konshu. i bent down and ran towards him, helping him up and into the nearest hall.

"are you the one who released khonshu?" he limped as i held him above me.

"yes," i strained.

i held his chest up and walked until his legs stopped. i propped him up against the wall and shook him into focus, "hey, hey, hey, how do we stop ammit?"

"this chamber.. is our most powerful place," he wheezed, and i could tell he was using all of his strength to speak. "from here, we need to imprison ammit in a mortal form." he groaned and nearly fell to the ground.

"a body instead of a statue. she'll be more vulnerable. okay, how do we do it?"

"we need more avatars.. than we have left.." his eyes rolled back and his body fell limp against my arms.

i panted and tried waking him up, but he wouldn't budge. he was dead.

my head hung as i thought quickly. i groaned, realizing what my last and only resort was.

"taweret? are you there?"

her voice squealed very loudly from the dead avatar's body, "y/nnnnnn! i'm so thrilled, we're going to have so much fun together!"

a loud echo boomed through the hall. panic was the only thing in my veins as i ran to the exit of the hall and saw harrow making his way towards me. i sprinted back inside and into any pathway i saw.

i heard crashing from outside, and the hall i was in shook and rumbled. dust and rubble fell from the roof.

suddenly, an uncomfortable and stabbing pain started in my stomach. "oh! you've changed your mind? i would be delighted to accept you as my avatar!" i fell against the wall, panting and in a great deal of pain, "okay, okay.. temporary.. avatar—yes, of course! oh, steven and marc are going to be delighted when they hear about this!—wh.. steven?—yes! i met them, twice actually, when i was taking them to the field of reeds,"

my chest heaved and i tried to hold myself up against the wall. questions rang through my head for the brief second a god wasn't using up my energy or my body, "—what?—are we doing this or what? i have a fabulous costume in mind!"

hi queens sorry i didn't update for like.. a month

i was busy!

anyways new chapter next one will be the last

ur welcome

bye babes

-laura<3