♛»WORK OF ART (END)«♛

Start from the beginning

Vee mentally face-palmed.

"Wasn't it you who flirted with me?"

"Shut up," Mark replied with a glare.

Another laughter erupted.

"So yeah, I'm sure you already knew what happened. We got sick."

"Lovesick?"

"Are you gonna shut up or you want this heavy microphone to land on your thick face?"

The crowd look at the two bicker with amusement. When Vee made a zipper-my-mouth gesture, Mark took that as a sign to continue.

"So yeah, we were sick. It was me who got a high fever since I was busy protecting him while he was busy using me as a shield. Mean, right?"

Vee raised an eyebrow before glaring at the crowd to stop them from laughing.

"In the morning, I just saw him in front of my condo with something on his both hands. He wasn't wearing his usual attire and I admit, he was so hot-I mean, I was so hot. Fever, you know? Stop laughing."

"Back to the topic, the paper bags contained medicines and ingredients for the soup you made." The two smiled as they recalled that day. "You cooked for me, you made me drink medicine, you watched me as I sleep, and you would always grant whatever stupid requests I made even when you're trying to rest. You ended up not sleeping 'cause of me. In conclusion, you took good care of me. And it's a first."

Mark shed tears. Vee, seeing this, wanted to walk closer to him and wipe his tears but Mark raised his hand to stop him.

"I don't wanna let that day passed without asking you to go out with me. But I'm still doubtful," He admitted, making Vee confused. Am I not that obvious before? Mark pouted, "Well, I originally thought you were interested in me that time. But seeing how you behaved with the people around you, people close to you, I was a bit doubtful."

"But you did."

"Well, I'm quite thankful for my courageous side."

"Wasn't it your shameless side?"

Mark's face darkened, so Vee made a peace sign and said, "Continue please."

"So yeah, I asked him out. And when we became officially in a relationship, it made feel the happiest," his eyes sparkled at the memory. "As you can see the next paintings. It was all about him doing things for me. Cooking for me, taking care of me, understanding my tantrums and childishness. He became my strength and my safe haven, my everything."

You too. You are the first person who made me feel the happiest.

You, being part of my life is the best thing that ever happened to me.

"This one here," he pointed one painting, grabbing Vee's attention. It was the painting that's been making Vee curious the most. It was an outline of Vee's head, but there was some drawing on it. Instead of his eyes, nose and other parts of his face, he had drawn something Vee couldn't understand. It's the only odd painting out of all that's been displayed. Mark heaved a sigh before he resumed, "I painted it after I made that stupid decision before."

"All I could think is him. I regretted it, yes, but I wanna hold on to my decision. I wanna stick to it because I can't do anything about it. I already chose to go that path but. ." he looked up and met Vee's eyes, he gave him a sad smile. ". .it didn't go according to plan. I was scared to face challenges that might hurt us, but instead, that decision killed me more than I could ever imagine. My life isn't the same without him. It was as if all the good things in my life vanished along with him."