Since we were kids...

<< Kuroo pov >>

"That's cheating! You can't do that!" I shouted at Suguru. "No it's not! We are street racing! There are no rules! So, yes, I can use shortcuts!" Suguru smugly retorted back.

We were sitting in the park across Suguru's house, under the cherry blossom three and playing with the cars.

"Hmpf!" I huffed and crossed my arms. " Okay fine I cheated, let's start again and this time no shortcuts." Suguru said. "Deal!" And we started again. And of course I won!

We were in the middle of the second race when mom stormed over to us, grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards the car - "Mom what are you doing? I don't want to go home yet! I want to play with Suguru!" I whined and tried to get out of her hold, but she wouldn't budge.

Dad was sitting in the car, ready to leave and Sugurus parents were at the door, all the adults were glaring at each other - "Why can' Tetsu and I play longer?" Asked Suguru as he walked beside us.

Mom only glared at him and started walking faster. We crossed the road and she put me in the car and we drove off.

"This is not fair! I want to play with Suguru longer!" I shouted. "Stop complaining Tetsuro." Dad said. "No, I won't stop! You just dragged me away from my best friend and you won't tell me why! So I will complain because you are cruel and the worst parents ever!" I shouted again.

"Tetsuro listen, Suguru's parents aren't good people and they are raising Suguru so he won't be a good person either. So you can't be friends with him anymore, okay?" Mom tried to explain. I fuffed but nodded. "I'm still angry you didn't let me say goodbye to Suguru."

Mom sighed - "When we get home you can write a letter to Suguru to say your goodbye, deal." Mom asked. "Deal."

<< Daishou pov >>

As Tetsuro and his parents drove away I looked at the car, which was slowly disappearing into the distance. I looked at my parents, they looked really angry.

I returned to the tree and collected all the cars before going back to the house. "Why did Tetsuro leave, and without saying goodbye?" I asked as a few teraes formed in the corners of my eyes.

Dad took toys from me and mom held my hand and guided me to the living room. "Listen Suguru, Kurro's and we got into an argument about something, they are bad people and we are not friends anymore." Mom said softly.

"Does that mean I can't play with Tetsuro anymore?" I asked and mom shook her head - "Unfortunately you can't play with Tetsuro anymore, who knows what kind of danger he will bring you in once you two grow up... And we don't want you to play with him anymore." Mom said.

"But I didn't even get to say goodbye." I complained. "You can write to him later and say goodbye there," Said dad as he entered the room and sat on the sofa with me. I nodded - " I want to write the letter now." Dad nodded and handed me the paper and pen.

I wrote the letter and we sended it to Tetsuro, and a few days later I got a letter from him, he said goodbye to me too.

...I guess that means we aren't friends anymore.

*Kuroo's letter*

———————————————————————

Hey Sururu,

So mom and dad told me that you are bad people and we can't be friends anymore. But I still wanted to say goodbye because we were best friends.