Aurora Lore

Here's that Aurora lore I promised  :)

I meant to have it here sooner, I've just had a lot going on because I graduate next week and I've been getting emotional a lot agshsjk

This lore is just about how they became a villian hehe

TW: Possession, gets kind of graphic but not really?

_________________

Aurora’s birth name is Amari Desdemona. 

They were damned from the moment they were born. Their family had a history of generations of unjustifiable actions. Amari wanted to be the one to break the cycle. Unfortunately for them, they were never given much of a chance to prove themselves better than their family. Every job they applied to never gave them a call back, and every college application was denied. By the time they were in their 20s, they’d given up hope that they could make it anywhere in life. Their family wasn’t any help either, and kept persisting that Amari “Stop this foolishness and be one with the rest of the family.” They refused. 

When Amari was 23, they found an old family heirloom. It was a small locket that was an ugly shade of pink, and it was covered with dust. They chose to ignore it, at first, but they were drawn to it for some reason. Upon opening the locket, a spirit flew out of it. They recognized the spirit instantly. It was one of their ancestors, Aurora Desdemona.

Aurora pretended to sympathize with Amari and ease their suspicions and obvious horror. She promised that if Amari were to wear the locket, she’d make their life easier. Despite their hesitance at first, Amari agreed and proceeded to put the locket on. The moment they did, a scream left them. They felt as though they were being ripped apart. Aurora only smiled and placed a transparent hand on Amari’s trembling form, and disappeared. 

When Amari opened their eyes after their screams died down, they weren’t Amari anymore. Their hair was no longer brown, but instead white that faded into a light red. Their eyes were now an ugly shade of pink, exactly like that of the locket around their neck. 

They weren’t Amari anymore, they were Aurora.

_________________

Mmmmm angst