"So what is the deal with you eh?" I heard the old coach Ukai behind me, startling me a bit.

I could've sworn I saw him talking to those two in front of me a minute ago.

"Just here for moral support. I was invited and I heard Hinata had been coming here for a while." I explained.

"So are you writing something on them right now or...?" He continued his questions.

"Sorta. I'm writing an essay about the heart of Kurasuno and I'm writing it on everyone's passions. How everyone at Kurasuno has something they love to do and the heart of our school is everyone's determination...or something like that." I trail off, "these two and their freakish love for volleyball inspired me and everything else just fell into place. But again, that's not all I'm here for."

I really should start working on that essay more...

"That sounds great! I don't know how you kids come up with stuff like this." He laughed. "Is it only on volleyball?"

"No it's on everything at Kurasuno. I just happen to have a close connection to the team and like to help out." I said.

"This one is why I have all of those notes on the players." The younger coach Ukai pops his head out to say. "Our personal journalist if you will."

"What did I tell you about jumping in on conversations that aren't yours? And aren't you the one supposed to be taking notes on your team? What kind of coach are you?" The old coach Ukai starts scolding. I cover my mouth a bit to stop myself from laughing.

"Naka-san!! Can you receive some of these?" Hinata asked.

"Receive one of your quicks??...uhhh" I hesitated.

"We need more of a rally going." Kageyama explained.

"C'mon! You can receive Oikawa's serves, you can receive this!" Hinata jumped up and down. "You already know what to expect!"

"I guess..." I sighed getting up.

"You can play too?" The old coach Ukai asked me.

"I got a lot of tricks up my sleeve. Can't be a one trick pony when you're involved in so much." I awkwardly joked, shrugging my shoulders. I made my way over to the other side of the net.

Huh...I guess that kinda answered part of Kuroo's question...

"Ready?" They asked me.

"As I'll ever be." I took a deep breath. Before I was actually prepared I heard the ball slam Hinata's hand and I quickly looked up as it headed straight down to the left of me. I lunged and got it up in the air in no time. "Huh. That's a first." I exhaled heavily.

"YEAAA!" Hinata yelled.

"I knew you'd be fine." Kageyama stated as-matter-of-fact-ly.

I looked over at some of the kids who were rubbing their forearms as if they could feel my pain. I turned my head the other way at both coach Ukais laughing.

"Impressive." The old coach Ukai smirked. "If only orange hair over here could keep up with receives like that."

"Hey!" Hinata crossed his arms.

We went back and forth for a while, I got my work out of the week and they got their practice they needed. At some point my phone started ringing and I saw Ena's name. Everyone seemed to be distracted with something else so I picked up.

"Hello?"

"I hate to pull you away from your little boyfriends but your other boyfriend has a soccer game tomorrow at Kurasuno if you look at his calendar. Since it's a home game and the only day I'm free that should be a good day for us to go see him. How does that work for you?" She said on the other end.

"I don't think I have anything...depends what time it says, I don't remember. I knew he had one yesterday at some other school but you were busy and I didn't have a ride anyway."

"Uhh hold on...it says it's at 3."

I ran through my schedule in my head. "Ah, that cuts into practice but they can deal with me being gone for one day."

"Great, I was starting to think I'd have to drag you there."

"You're just as busy as me, I don't want to hear it. I gotta go, cya tomorrow."

"Later."

"Naka we're leaving!!" Hinata called me out to the car.

"Who was that?" Kageyama asked.

"Ena," I shortly responded. "Ukai! I'm going to be leaving practice early tomorrow. I'm assuming that won't affect anything but just to let you know."

"That's fine. We might go over a new play though." He said getting in his car.

"Also assuming it's based on the notes I gave you, I think I could catch up." I thought out loud to myself.

"I thought you were talking to me." The old Ukai laughed.

"No, you're coach Ukai. That's just Ukai." I responded.

"Hey, why don't I get the coach title?" Present day coach Ukai asked.

"He's been doing it for longer." I shrugged and got in the car.

"Why are you leaving early?" Kageyama asked.

"To catch the soccer game tomorrow. I promised Kono I'd see at least one game, plus I need things other than volleyball for my essay."

"Soccer game? Oh-" Kageyama said. He got a little bit quiet after that.

Ukai was nice enough to drop us off at our houses so we didn't have to walk home. He claimed it was because we all lived in the same direction and if we didn't then he wouldn't be doing this. I knew that was a lie but I chose not to provoke it.