3 || THE CAMPAIGN

Start from the beginning

"My name is Lady Applejack. And I'm a chaotic good half-elf rogue, level 14." Erica informed the boy, "And I will sneak behind any monster you throw my way and stab them in the back with my poison-soaked kukri."

"And I'll smile as I watch them die a slow, agonising death. So, we gonna do this, or we gonna keep chitchatting like this is your mommy's book club?" The whole room was silent for a second, everyone looking at each other in pure shock.

Eddie looked back at the girl, immediately smiling he put out his hand. "Welcome to Hellfire."

Eddie turned his head to Fiona who was too busy looking around the place to notice, "You too, Fi."

The girl snapped her attention to the boy, clearly confused by what he just said. "What?" She asked. "Welcome to Hellfire." He smirked.

"Does this mean I'll get one of those shirts?" Fiona pointed to the shirt which the man was wearing. "Absolutely."

The dark-haired girl sat at the side of the room, next to where they were busy playing a game. Turns out Eddie had actually given her a Hellfire club shirt. It was a bit oversized but she didn't have a problem with it.

Instead of paying attention to the game like she was supposed to, she thought about Lucas. How guilty she felt. She had never missed a game of his but now she had. It was the championship which made the whole thing worse.

But he would understand why she wasn't there, right? It wasn't her choice. If she did have a choice she would have definitely gone to the boys' game.

But what if he didn't? What if he never spoke to her again? She promised to be there and she wasn't. She told him not to worry because she will definitely be there. What if they aren't friends anymore?

Fiona was too deep in thought to even realise that the lights above had starter flickering. Eddie must have noticed the girl's daze because he made sure she was ok. "Yo, Fi, you good?"

The girl snapped out of it, the lights immediately stopped flickering. "Huh, what? Oh, yeah." She let out an awkward chuckle before the group went back to the game.

Although she felt guilty about the game, she was also kind of happy she did. Not because she made her friend sad, of course not. But because she would be spending some time with a certain long-haired boy.

His eyes. His hair. His voice. His rings. Just everything about him had caught the girl's attention. Every time she saw him, she felt like they were the only two there.

Once again, the girl jumped out of her trance when she felt a hand on her shoulder. "Come on, group talk." Dustin told the girl making him look at her confused.

The girl didn't notice how the whole time she was in her trance, a certain long-haired boy had been sending glances at her.

Dustin, Mike, Erica, Fiona and the other boys, minus Eddie, all gathered around in a circle. "Guys, I hate to say this, but we've got to flee." One of the boys spoke.

"Didn't we just say "to the death"?" Erica asked the boys with a dumbfounded expression.

"You guys are killing each other?" Fiona asked in shock, not having a clue what anyone was talking about. "That wasn't literal." One of the boys said.