˜*•.𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘

Start from the beginning

You swore you saw steam coming out of Baji's ears.

"Y/n," he said, clearing his voice. "Can you come to the bedroom with me real quick?"

"But I'm making tea," you pouted.

"It'll be quick," he said, his lips disappearing into a fake, tight-lipped smile.

"Uh-huh," you nodded, a bit scared. "Draken, make yourself at home."

"Yes. You do that Draken," Baji said, gripping your arm tightly.

Once you two were inside the bedroom, Baji paced around the room, releasing a string of curses.

"The walls aren't exactly thick," you mumbled, interrupting his rant. He ignored you, continuing to ramble on about absolutely nothing. You picked up Koi off of the floor and gently stroked her.

"Now do you see why I'm angry?" he asked, his chest quickly rising and falling.

"No?" you said, dumbfounded. "Was I supposed to be listening to that incoherent mumbo-jumbo?"

"Forget it," Baji said, rolling his eyes. "Tell him to go home."

"No!" you shouted, jumping to your feet. "Why can't you two figure things out right now? I really don't think Draken is the bad guy here. He's willing to tell us what we want to know and work with you to stop Tōman. Can we at least hear him out?"

Baji bowed his head and pinched the bridge of his nose, his layered hair falling in his face. "Ugh!" he shouted, throwing his hands in the air and storming out of the room.

You stared at Koi's sleepy face, patting her head before placing her on the bed. "Your dad is so childish," you sighed.

When the multi-colored kitten let out a small meow, you figured she was only confirming what you just said.

"Baby," Baji said, smiling brightly. "Can I have a cup of tea too?" His mood had changed quicker than you imagined.

"Are you going to play nice?" you asked, raising an eyebrow.

"For you, yes," he grinned.

"Mhm," you skeptically said.

"So where should I start?" Draken asked, clasping his hands together.

"From the beginning," Baji said.

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

"Now I know you're fucking with me," Mikey laughed, brushing his hair out of his face.

"It doesn't matter to me whether or not you believe me," Kazutora shrugged. "I have no alliances either way."

"Hey," Mikey said, grabbing Kazutora's collar. "Look me dead in my eyes and tell me he's dead."

"Kisaki. Is. Dead," Kazutora carefully said. "I might be a traitor, but I'm not a liar."

Mikey paced around in the cell for a bit, wondering if Kazutora's words could be trusted.

"So can I get out of this cramped cell and get a bath or something?" Kazutora asked, yawning loudly.

"I want you to call Hanma," Mikey hurriedly said, reaching for one of his many disposable phones.

"Baji's chick? No thank you. She's the devil in the flesh," Kazutora shuddered.

"Stop being stupid. I'm talking about Shuji," Mikey said. "Give me his number."

"Why? Besides, what am I supposed to say?" Kazutora sighed, rolling his eyes.