I.

A sharp sound of a ball destined to be deflated could be heard in a certain D1 school's volleyball court where a group of two schools went head-to-head on a glacial day in Tokyo. Girls and boys flocked around the entrance to observe the intense match between the said rival schools. The teams who were playing were no other than the elite school Fukurōdani Academy and Nekoma High, having said a long history of rivalry since the beginning of time. The sharp sound of the ill-fated volleyball was spiked by Fukurōdani's captain and ace, Kōtarō Bokuto, a loud and resilient teenager. 

"Haaaah!" yelled Bokuto in victory. With one knee to the ground and a fist pumped into the air, Bokuto had finished Nekoma with a violent spike, resulting the final score to wound up to 25-23, two sets belonging to Fukurōdani. Cheers and claps from the spectators only riled Bokuto up even more.

"I won! Take that Nekoma!" grinned Bokuto, followed by his raised owl-like eyebrows who seemed to be in need of a desperate shave. The entirety of Bokuto's team stared blankly at him. 

"You mean, our win. Right, captain?" smugly reminded Yamato Sarakui, a third-year wing-spiker on the team. Bokuto gulped in horror as he had just admitted he single handedly beat Nekoma with no assist. A laugh rumbled on the other side of the net.

"Seems like your team effort is reaaally paying off, isn't it Bo?" the captain of Nekoma spoke, a 6'2 teen with a serious case of bed head and sly golden eyes.

"Piss off Kuroo, it seems like your team effort ended up you losing to us." Bokuto argued back, the corners of his lips stretching even wider. The sound of 'oohs' and 'ahs' filled the court and Kuroo gasped as if he had just witnessed two birds fucking.  Bokuto thought to himself that he had just roasted the shit out of Kuroo, something that should be considered an award.

"You take that back!" yelled Kuroo, lunging at Bokuto full speed and successfully pinning him down with his legs, ready to throw punches. Bokuto yelped and both the immature captains were exchanging blows as if they found out they were both seeing the same guy. The rest of Nekoma and Fukurōdani could only watch in exhaustion of their captain's antics, deciding to wrap up the match and leave these two idiots to fight to the death. With Kuroo still on top of Bokuto and Bokuto having no way of escaping Kuroo's weight, he grabbed Kuroo's hips with his large, calloused hands in hopes it would calm Kuroo down. Kuroo gasped when he felt Bokuto grip his hips, a sensitive spot where only Bokuto knew since they were kids. It was a ticklish and fragile spot for Kuroo, and it just so happened that Bokuto found out when they were 8 while wrestling at a park for the last hard candy. Kuroo froze in his position, his arms falling to his side and his breath erratic from fighting Bokuto. They stayed in this position for at least a minute until Kuroo's breath became calm and Bokuto spoke.

"Are you done now? Calm down." his tone leveled. Kuroo huffed, slightly flushed. Kuroo was always the calm-leveled type and Bokuto was always the one causing ruckus. It was extremely rare for Bokuto to become serious or angry. So being that Kuroo was the one that was lectured by Bo was an embarrassment. Kuroo laid his 150-pound body onto Bokuto and rolled off of him earning a grunt, and then beckoning Kenma, his setter and childhood friend, to come fetch him in which he was shot down in an instant. Kenma walked off without another word and Kuroo's vision of Kenma was interrupted by a half-Russian first year and middle-blocker, Lev Haiba.

"Captain! I can carry you!" said Lev. Kuroo chuckled and raised his hand.

"My trusty 1st year, what would I do without you Lev?" teased Kuroo. Kuroo hopped onto Lev's back and Bokuto sneered in a distance.

"Team effort my foot! Kuroo's exploiting his 1st years for his own gain!" Bokuto huffed, complaining to Akaashi as per usual. Akaashi sighed. He was Fukurōdani's setter and a second year in high school.