Chapter 26.5: Four Words To Forever

Start from the beginning

"Loving this woman felt like that specific blend of coffee that you always look for. Otherwise, tatanggihan mo kung hindi yun yung lasang hinahanap mo. Loving this woman is similar to how flowers bloom. It doesn't grow easily. It takes a lot of time and patience, pero maganda ang bunga."

Loren and Pia were already sobbing with me at this point. I cried at how sincere she's sounding right now.

Sa buong buhay ko, I've never expected someone to appreciate me the same way Leonor does right now.

"All my life, wala namang akong kinakatakutang mawala. I'm not even afraid to lose myself. When Theresia came, I'm suddenly scared that something might happen to her. I used to ask, does that mean I've fallen for you already?"

"So everytime I see her in pain, it hurts me triple times. Whenever I see her smile, she reminds me na may maganda akong nagawa sa buhay ko and that's when I chose to love her."

"Hindi madaling magmahal. We'll get hurt, we'll feel worried at times because it's uncertain. Pero to love means to accept that person despite their imperfections and uncertainties. If it's for Theresia, I'm willing to suffer all those if it means that I'll get to keep her."

We can no longer stop crying. Leonor just smiled at us. So, I hugged her and snuggled my face to her neck. Leila covered her face with her hands trying to hide that she's crying too.

"It feels surreal how I met you, mahal." she said looking at me and smiling.

"It feels like a dream. Too good to be true. Pero kung panaginip lang 'to, I wish I don't wake up anymore. I'd gladly live in this than the reality." She stood up and stretched her back. She also handed me a handkerchief to wipe my tears away.

"Sige na. Birthday ni Theresia. Let's be happy!" she suddenly exclaimed.

Paano kami makaka-move on? Humahagulgol pa yung dalawa dito.

"Para kang sira! Magpapaiyak tas biglang 'let's be happy?'" Leila complained almost wanting to hit Leonor. Tinawanan lang siya.

Leonor pulled me gently and headed to a huge room that was inside her house. It's like a function hall. Never niya kaming pinapasok but now she asked us to follow her, so we did.

"Siguro kung sa buong buhay ko puro pagsisi, puro what ifs, puro pagkakamali. Theresia is the opposite of it all. She's the best chapter of this book. She's my favorite part of the movie. She's my unforgettable song lyrics. So, I hope I don't lose you again." she said. It was very dark inside when we entered.

Then, lights started to appear.

"I'd like to marry you," she added

It was like we were going to bawl our eyes out. "A-ano?" I asked her. Binato ni Pia yung unan kay Leila sa sobrang kilig niya. Si Loren naman, natapon yung wine na hawak. "OMG???" Pia said.