1 || THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Start from the beginning

Fiona clapped a little as she watched Lucas run out. Lucas saw the girl and immediately smiled making her smile in return. "Good morning, Hawkins High!" Jason, the main player, yelled on the microphone.

"First off, I'd like to thank each and everyone of you." The boy spoke as he moved closer too the crowd of people. "Without your support, we wouldn't be here. Give yourselves a big hand." The whole gym began cheering and clapping.

Fiona rolled her eyes, not in the mood for any of this she tuned it all out. But before she knew it, she jumped back into reality with a flinch at the loud sound of everyone cheering.

The girl looked over and saw that the players had began moving, getting ready too play. "Tonight?" She heard Mike say.

"How is that possible?" Dustin then asked making Fiona furrow her brows. "How is what possible?"

"Have you been listening?" Dustin asked her with a look of disbelief. "No."

"They call it a tournament." Max informed the two boys who were clearly lost with what is going on. "You win one game, you go on until there's only one team left."

Fiona, Lucas, Dustin and Mike all walked out of the gym together, although the girl had no idea what they were actually talking about she was still listening.

"I don't get the big deal. Just talk to Eddie." Lucas told the two boys who looked at him in disbelief. "Who's Eddie?" Fi asked the three boys making Dustin sigh.

"Do you ever pay attention?" Dustin asked the girl, who just was just shaking her head no.

"Get him to move Hellfire to another night." Lucas told the two boys who just groaned. "Just talk to Eddie." Dustin mimicked the boy.

"Why don't you just talk to your coach and get him to move the game?" Mike asked the boy with annoyance. "I don't think moving a whole basketball game is that easy, Mike." Fiona rolled her eyes at the boy.

"Thank you, Fi!" Lucas thanked the girl who smiled in response. "I think that's a great idea, Mike." Dustin agreed with the other boy making Fiona roll her eyes.

"Thank you, Dustin. This is the championship game!" Mike exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air. "And this is the end of Eddie's campaign." Dustin told the boy.

"That rhymed." Fiona told the three boys earning a smile from Dustin, "That's what I was going for."

"A semester of adventuring has led to this moment, and we need you." Dustin told the boy earning an eye roll. "Yeah, and the Tigers don't. You've been on the bench all year." Mike rolled his eyes as he spoke.

"Well maybe this year is his lucky year." Fiona told the Wheeler boy as the four had made it into the building. "That's not the point." Lucas told the boy.

"Please, arrive at the point." Dustin rolled his eyes yet again, getting frustrated.

"If I get in good with these guys, I'll be in the popular crowd, then you guys will be too." Lucas informed the three earning a weird look from Fiona. "Yeah, hard pass on that one, Luke."

"Has it ever occurred to you that we don't want to be popular?" Mike asked the boy who wanted nothing more than to play at the championship.

"So you want to be stuck with the nerds and freaks for three more years?" Lucas asked as he looked at each one of his friends.

"I'm not a nerd or a freak." Fiona mumbled under her breathe, kicking the dirty floor.

"We are nerds and freaks." Dustin exclaimed loudly, gesturing between him and Mike.

"But maybe we don't have to be." Lucas exclaimed even louder. "Look, I'm tired of being bullied. I'm tired of girls laughing at us. I'm tired of feeling like a loser."

"We came to high school wanting things to be different. Right?" Lucas asked his friends but getting no response. "So now we have that chance. I skip tonight and it's all out the window."

"So I'm asking you guys, as a friend, just talk to Eddie." Lucas pleaded as he looked at Mike and Dustin. "Make him move Hellfire. Come to my game."

"I'll be there." Fiona informed the boy who just smiled at her. "I know you will, you never miss a game."

The bell rang, making Lucas walk away from the group. "Talk to this Eddie guy and make him change it, for Lucas." Fiona told the two boys before walking away.

alex speaks

FIRST CHAPTER DONE!! I know it's quite long but that's because that episodes are long so apologies if you don't like long chapters.

Also pretty sure that Eddie is coming next chapter so im so excited for that!!

please vote and comment!:)
word count: 1391