Part-9

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan packed up and went to his vanity. He would have to wait for an hour for Teja to pack up. They would straight away go to his place.

He washed his face and removed his makeup and changed his clothes. He sat on the bed and called Jess.

"Hey....on my way...." Jess said happily after picking up the call.

"Omi is there at home....you chill with him....i'll take a couple of hours more to reach....Teja is yet to packup...." He told her. "Umar is not coming but beera as in Nishant will also reach before me i suppose...."

"Cool....i have picked food and everything to you need not worry...." She said sweetly.

"Listen Jess I need a help...." He said slowly.

"Yeah....shoot...."

"Teja is...." He stopped not knowing how to frame the sentence.

"Karan what is it?" She asked seriously.

"She is a bit apprehensive about joining us....i called beera just so that she doesn't feel out of place....umm....she is not in the best phase of life when it concerns her friends and company....will you...." Before he could complete she cut him off.

"I'll handle it....she won't feel out of place....she will be one of us...." She said softly.

"Thanks...." He said happily.

"So she is the one?" She asked softly.

"Hmm...."

"She loves someone else?" She asked slowly.

"Yeah....an idiot who doesn't love her back....don't even get started....thinking of that guy boils my blood...." He said gritting his teeth.

"Then why don't you tell her about how you feel?she cannot possibly wait for a guy who doesn't love her back?"

"Why not?if she wants she will wait....who am i to stop her?see i love her that's there but she is also a friend....so at the moment my priority is making sure my friend is fine....and i will do everything it takes to do it....i have no idea why i didn't contact her for four months....or else i would have made sure she is fine from before only...." He muttered.

"Listen you have become very strange....waiting forever and all....i am not understanding it....anyway see you...." And with that she disconnected the call making Karan chuckle.

He checked the time. It was almost time for her packup. He drove to the adjacent set and parked his car a little away from her vanity and called her.

"Hey....i packed up...." She said after picking up the call.

"I am in the car outside your vanity....there are no paps though...." He said almost in shock.

"Yes ma'am doesn't allow paps always on set...." She chuckled. "Just give me two minutes i'll come...."

"No hurry take your time...." He chuckled and disconnected the call.

He was tapping his palm on the steering wheel when she came and knocked on the window of the passenger seat.

He immediately looked at her and opened the door.

She sat inside and hugged him.

"Seat belt...." He said after breaking the hug and she buckled up the belt and he started to drive.

"Karan stop the car by the side....let me get some snacks...." She said pointing at a cafe by the side of the road.

"Let's not stop here....it might get crowded....if you want we can order at home...." He said and she nodded. He made sense.

They chatted non stop and reached his place. He parked the car and went upstairs. Jess nishant and Om were already there and he unlocked the door with his keys and went in with Teja.

"Hey baabs...." Nishant came quickly and hugged her. "Beera...." And then hugged Karan.

Karan introduced Teja to Om and Jess who gave her the warmest hug and they settled in the lounge.

Jess showed her pictures of her's and Karan's where they were being absolute goofballs making Teja laugh her heart out.

Karan sipped his whisky and looked at Teja softly. It gave him a different kind of peace to see her laughing so freely. After days. All because of Jess , Omi and Nishant. What he had asked Jess , she had kept her promise. She had made sure to make Teja a part of their family and in a matter of an hour Teja felt at home. He could see it. Teja was someone who never pretended to be someone who she was not. If she was not comfortable and happy it would show through her.

Teja looked at him and found him staring at her. Her laughter died down slowly and she felt her cheeks getting warm.

That stare. Why can't he stop loving me? When we both know it is just for a short period of time. Why does he have to make me feel so weak with his stare? She thought and closed her eyes.

Karan saw her not meeting his eyes and he looked away immediately.

Teja put up a watsapp status of a group picture of all of them chilling.

After around 15 minutes her phone was ringing. She looked at the name of the caller and looked at him immediately.

He raised his brows and gestured asking her what happened.

She quickly got up and sat beside him while the others were busy fighting about which series to watch.

She showed her phone to him. Shruti was calling.

"Pick it up...." He said frowning.

"Are you sure?i mean she is calling about almost a month and whatever you said the other day...." Before she could complete he cut her off.

"She is a friend right?" He asked softly. She nodded.

"So pick it up....you cannot be how she is....i never asked you to do that....i asked you to be not dependant on her emotionally....to not give her the power to make or break your mood....i am here okay?pick it up....go to the balcony...." He said softly and she nodded.

She got up and went to the balcony and looked back at him. She gestured him to go to her.

He shook his head.

She tilted her head requesting him to go there beside her as she will talk.

He shook his head again.

She made a restless and helpless face , her eyes almost begging him to come to her as she would speak. She needed him.

He shook his head again and blinked his eyes gesturing he was there but he won't go there.

He didn't want her to be dependant on him as well. She would have to fight all her demons. He would be there for her but he would also make sure that she doesn't get dependant on him. Emotionally. She was one of the strongest girl he knew and he would want to see her like that. Nothing less than it. And he loved her too much to be able to see her weak and emotionally vulnerable. Even if it was to him. He didn't want her to give the power to control her mood to him as well.

She took the call and he smiled.

Asmaan ko zameen yeh zaruri nahi jaa mile....
Ishq sacchhaa wohi jisko milti nahi manzile....