From the shaky walk out of the hospital to the awkward ride on the cable car, it wasn't too bad. Riley only had to half guide her father everywhere there were people around-- which in the Brock's case, was literally everywhere.

It was San Francisco, goddamnit, so there wasn't really a place where anyone could go without people around. 

Until they got to their apartment, Eddie and Riley had really swapped places. 

The apartment was a place of 'chill' for the both of them to be themselves, in their own ways of course. For Riley, it was for her to be alone by herself, in her own thoughts and paintings. For Eddie, it could be a lot of different things, from taking a nap to watching a show, but this one was a new one. 

He was making a bag of week old pizza rolls, though of course anyone can do that. Pizza rolls are always a good option, especially when all else fails.

This didn't last for long, though, because Eddie soon was on a call with Anne, trying to sound like he wasn't completely exhausted and still mildly bothered by today's recent events.

"Hey, Anne," Eddie trailed off, letting the eager blonde on the other end speak with a comforting tone. 

"Hey, Eddie, how are you feeling?" 

He half chuckled, "I'm feeling, well.. I'm sick." 

Instead of giving more comforting phrases, Anne's voice hardened and her thought came out blunt as ever, "You have a parasite. They're not sure how you got it, but it would explain the fever." 

Eddie nodded his head, "yeah, that makes sense." He squeezed his eyes shut suddenly, pacing the room. His head, the back of it, he could feel it again. It was like it was pulsing starting to form, pushing against Eddie's personal thoughts in the drivers seat. 

He started to panic.

"Also.. uh, uh- I'm hearing a voice?" Eddie wasn't sure whether Anne would believe him, but at that point she'd probably seen enough to know he wasn't kidding around. And, of course, the one other person besides Riley who'd believe him on the spot was a doctor. 

Daniels voice flowed through the phone quickly, "Auditory hallucinations are actually very comm-"

"Oh hey Dan," Eddie interrupted, eyes squinting as he scratched his head, "You know- you know I didn't realize you were on the call too..." 

"Yeah, I'm here."

Eddie frowned, his voice becoming animated, "Uh, hey Dan, this parasite, would it make me- I don't know.. would it make me, like climb a really, really tall tree, but, super super fast?"

WE JUST DID.

Eddie held in a jump, his head jerking near him as his eyes leaped to see who else was in the room. But no one was there: just him. 

"Okay, well, Eddie, it sounds like it could be causing some malobotic abnormalities, making it hard for your body to maintain homeostasis."

Eddie continued to pace, rubbing his temple with his fingers, "you said causing body, and I lost you-"

"Listen Eddie, um, we are gonna get you on some meds, and we are gonna clear that out." Dan stated positively.

"Yes, yes-"

Eddie's agreement was interrupted by yet another voice, but this time causing a bigger reaction.

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

Suddenly Eddie was whisper-yelling aloud, feeling half his control over his brain start to wither away. He tried to make sure the other end of the phone call couldn't hear him, but it failed.