Smile

Peter was eating his lunch quietly, with his head bowed as to not attract a bully's attention. Flash had come after him one too many times when he was alone. But then a figure slid into the seat in front of him, plopping her tray on the table. 

"Are you excited for chemistry?" The sound of the word 'chemistry' piqued his interest. 

"Y-Yeah, I guess." She noticed his shy demeanour, so she knocked his face up with her index finger. 

"Smile. You're not lab partners with Flash at least, that's Brad's job." Peter grinned, blushing, and swept back his brown locks. 

"Now. Are you up to come to Christine's once fifth period is over?" 

"Yeah! Thanks, Carrie." The boy honestly didn't know how he managed to land the friendship of Carrie Palmer. It was weirdly unreal, and he... was a normal teenage boy. Carrie was one of the prettiest, strongest and smartest girls in Midtown, and out of everyone she could choose in the hierarchy of society, she chose him

"Parker!" Flash approached Peter, smacking him across the head. "I'm waiting for that science report."

"He's not gonna give it, Eugene." Carrie stood up, folding her arms. 

"Name's Flash." 

"Eugene." 

"Flash." 

"Ahem, Eugene." 

Let's just say that after that, Flash was too scared to tell Carrie off and had a black eye to boot. 

Later, Peter and Carrie walked inside the house of Christine Palmer, where her and a doctor were conversing at a table. The young woman looked over with a confused look before brightening up at the sight of her adoptive daughter. 

"Carrie! How was your day?" 

"Interesting enough. This is Peter." Carrie replied with a smile. 

"Is this the famous best friend Peter Parker I've heard about?" Christine smirked. 

"H-Hello, Miss Palmer." Peter grinned sheepishly, his hand twitching as he held it up. The doctor, a male with white streaks on either side of his hair, was looking through a book, but he tore his eyes away for a moment to look at Carrie. 

"Ah. Carrie." 

"Stephen." The girl replied a little stiffly, but the two teenagers went upstairs all the same. 

"Dinner's in the fridge, Stephen and I are going to the surgery." Christine yelled up the stairs, earning a reply. 

"Is that your stepdad or something?" Peter asked curiously. 

"Oh, heck no, he's just Christine's crush. Stephen Strange. I see them hanging round a lot, giving each other lovey-dovey eyes, it's weird."

"I guess." They went into Carrie's room, plonking themselves on the bed. 

"Now, we have the ultimate reveal. Are we going to the Stark expo next week or have we been rejected?" An email showed up on Carrie's laptop, and she slowly opened it. 

"Oh..."