Getting Settled In

Start from the beginning

"My parents have been divorced for years. They don't really like each other, but they get along for me and my sister," Ava explains. "My sister and I only share the same two parents. My brothers are all my half-siblings." The elevator dings and they get off at the floor.

Three people were chasing each other around the main room. Ava laughs and Wanda tries to hide her smile at their antics.

"Pietro, give me back my phone!" A girl shouts at him.

"And mine!" A boy shouts.

"Pietro," Wanda says in a warning tone and puts her hand out, stopping him from speeding around. He groans and hands them their phones back. He notices Ava and puts on a sly smirk.

"Well hello there, pretty lady," He flirts. Ava raises her eyebrow, trying not to laugh.

"Pietro!" Wanda scolds and hits his arm.

"Sorry," He mumbles. "I'm Pietro."

"Hi! I'm Peter!" Another boy says.

"And I'm Kate!" A girl says.

"Yelena is asleep right now, but she lives on this floor too," Kate smiles. Ava nods, giving her one back.

"I'll show you your room!" Wanda says after a second of silence, everyone eying the girl in curiosity. They haven't had anyone new on this floor since Kate moved in. Ava nods and follows the brunette to the room that is hers now.

"My room is next to yours, so let me know if you need anything," Wanda tells her. Ava looks around. It was much bigger than the rooms she had at her parents' houses. It was beautiful though. Mr. Stark had told her she could change anything to her liking as soon as she gets moved in completely.

"Dinner is at 7 pm. School starts at 10 am and ends at 2:30 pm. We usually train after school, but sometimes before," Wanda informs the girl. "Oh! Breakfast is at 9 and lunch is at 12:30." Ava looks back at her and nods with a smile. It was only 3 pm right now so there were a few hours until dinner.

"Wanna hang out?" She asks nervously, messing with her hands. Ava grins. "Definitely." Wanda leads her out into the main area where everyone was sitting on their phones or watching tv.

They take a seat on the couch next to the other teenagers. Kate looks up from her phone.

"So, what do you like to do for fun?" She asks.

"I like reading and writing. I mainly just do that. Sometimes I draw, but I'm not that good," Ava replies.

"That's cool. Wanda likes reading and stuff too," Pietro says.

"We should all play a game," Pietro suggests.

"Like what?" Ava hums.

"20 questions? Since you're new and we don't really know anything about you," He says. Everyone agrees as Yelena walks into the room, rubbing her eyes.

"What's up," She yawns and then notices the new girl. "Who's this?"

"I'm Ava," Ava says.

"Cool. I'm Yelena." She takes a seat next to Kate and Kate informs her of what they're about to play.

"Okay, so someone will ask a question and everyone has to either answer it or take a shot. Who wants to start?" Pietro asks as he comes back with some alcohol.

"Where'd you get the alcohol, Pietro?" Peter asks him, scrunching his face up.

"Stark's stash, obviously. If you don't want to do shots then go get juice or something, Parker."

"I'll go first to ask!" Kate says, enthusiastically. "What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?" Yelena goes first to answer.

"I was on a boat and there were these talking yellow alien dudes. I thought I was about to get eaten alive, but they didn't seem harmful. They looked like marshmallows if anything."

"You mean you had a dream about minions?" Ava laughs.

"That movie scares me," Yelena defends. Everyone laughs.

"Okay, I was swinging around the city like I normally do and I thought I had my suit on, but I was in my boxers and it was just really embarrassing," Peter says, his face turning red.

"I was with Wanda under the sea and we were mermaids. We talked to the fish and sang songs," Pietro says, trying not to laugh. Ava bursts out laughing, thinking about the twins as mermaids.

"All right. Well, I was trying to talk to the animals that were talking in English, but they were looking at me like I was crazy. I guess our languages were switched and I didn't know," Ava says and Wanda snickers from beside her.

"I had a dream I was in Toy Story. That's all I'm going to say because I don't think that needs any further explanation," Wanda says.

The game goes on for another hour and a half. They were all getting to know Ava and she was getting to know them. A few shots of alcohol- and juice- were drunk as the questions got more interesting.