Chapter 2:

Clawd walked into school the next day. He bumped fists with people as he entered the room, giving them wide smiles as he walked in. Every head turned to him and his team, sending loud congratulations and woops to them as they walked through. He felt the adrenaline of pride rush through him. He was known. He was respected. He was wanted.

Clawd made his way to his locker, his eyes cast downward as he listened to his team play fight in the background of the room. His mind was focused on one thing and one thing only: getting to class.

He put his books up in his locker and slammed it shut. His eyes found you, digging in your locker only a few feet away. He stood still, watching as you put your books away and bag up on the hanger the locker provided.

You were gorgeous, with your hair covering parts of your face and your lips curled upwards in a smile. He grinned. You were absolutely stunning.

You paid him no mind, being in your own world of music as your earbuds pumped the song through your ears and into your veins. You nodded along, not really caring much for anyone or anything else.

To Clawd, the moment was magical. You were there, and it was only you two in the room. He only focused in on you and your beauty. Everyone was blocked out, leaving him to only have you to stare at.

He grinned to himself and locked his locker before walking off in the direction of his class. He couldn't believe it! What were the odds of him seeing you again? And your locker was near his as a plus? Wow!

He felt lucky, getting to be by you again. The attraction to you returned, and it left his cheeks in a flaming blood glow. He made his way down the stairs in the school and through his classrooms door.

He sat down and reclined in his seat. His day had started off wonderfully, and he only hoped his luck would continue throughout the rest of it. He could only hope, though.

His eye caught you walking past his classroom door, and it brought another smile to his face. Why was he so giddy? Why was he so happy and girlishly excited? What made him so hyper?

It couldn't have been you. You weren't his type. But that seemed to be the only common denominator. You were a part of every time he smiled recently. Even when you weren't around, all it took was one thought and he was all excited again.

This went unknown to you as you made your way down the halls with Jackson at your side. he showed you multiple pictures and memes off his phone as you tended to your own games. You played a mobile game as you walked, ignoring the sounds from others around you.

You got to class fairly quickly and sat in your seat. You waited for the lecture to begin by continuing your mobile game.

After class, you and Jackson met up right back where you two parted: in the cafeteria.

You followed him to your next class that you shared. Clawd found himself behind you, watching as Jackson interacted with you and you tolerated him. Clawd stifled a giggle. You were so cute! How did you just ignore people? It was a special skill he noticed you had.

He found you to be something like a cat. You tolerated others, ignored them for the most part, and you really enjoyed snacks. Especially the (F/S) you had bought at the game. He even noticed that you bought one again before class! He made a mental note to buy one and taste it, especially since it seemed so good. Well, it had to be if you constantly ate them.

He shook his head. That was way too much thinking over a girl he was just mildly attracted to. He had to tone it down, majorly.

Deuce clasped a hand on Clawd's shoulder.

"Hey man, you good?" He asked, sending him a look through his sunglasses.

Clawd nodded and looked at his moving feet. His smile radiated, and Deuce smiled on his own.

"What's got you in such a mood?" Deuce shrugged him.

"Hey...have you ever met someone and just felt attracted? Like not physically and you really didn't talk enough to be emotionally attracted but you just think they're... attractive?"

Deuce nodded. "I mean, I was attracted to Cleo."

"Yeah, but Cleo's got money and she's pretty and she's popular."

"So this girl isn't any of those things?"

"Well, she's kinda pretty...but I've seen prettier. And she's human. And she might be rich, might not." Clawd hummed. "I don't know. It's just stupid but I'm attracted to her."

"And you don't know why?"

"No." Clawd chuckled. "I'm more attracted to her than I was Draculaura."

"Wow." Deuce laughed. "That's a lot."

"Yeah." Clawd joked. "But seriously, man. What do I do?"

"I don't know...talk to her?"

"But...it's awkward. She's hard to talk to. She's..."

"Closed off?"

"Very."

"Well, give her the ole Clawd charm!"

"Yeah? How do I do that?"

"Just do it!"

"And you think it'll work?"

Deuce thought for a second. "Yep. I think it will."

Clawd chuckled and watched as you turned off into a random classroom.

"Thanks, man,"

"Ey, anytime!" Deuce shot him a finger gun before walking ahead of him with the other team members.