Chapter 6: Unlock the Heart

Start from the beginning

"... Yes, mom! I'm coming!" I answered loudly from my room, my shout was so loud that it echoed across my closed room and scared Gin-chan a bit. Popping out of my bed, I quickly go to the bathroom to prepare myself for the big day coming ahead.

Today is the day! It is the day that I'm telling my friends about my secret!

~0O0~

"... But saying is still easier than done, though..."

I let out a sigh after I said that sentence. I am now heading to school, under the cool, blue sky above me. I wish I could be lightheaded as the carefree birds on the tree, which are skipping branches to branches joyfully in the early morning. I am almost trudging dispiritedly since I cannot think of any way possible, or in the other words, any better way to tell them than just blatantly speaking it out.

When I am lowering my head discouragingly, I feel a hand on my back, as it starts rubbing that spot to comfort me. That reminds me that walking next to me is one of the people, if not the only one that I trust the most.

"Don't worry too much about it. Whether your decision is, I'll definitely support it!"

I raised my head and looked for the source of the voice, to see the same familiar figure, someone I adored the most as my girlfriend. Shikimori-san is looking at me, with my image reflecting in her sapphire blue eyes, while tilting her head a bit to my side. Finally catching my attention, she beamed a smile, reassuring me that everything will be fine like she always does. This makes me let out a small smile, as well, but it just brushes away a small bit of worry in my head.

"You're still struggling to find a way to tell them?" Shikimori asked me.

"... Yeah," I answered her with a sigh and a few slight nods. "It's harder than I expected. I thought this could only take about a minute or two to figure out a possible way, but I didn't expect to waste the entire night just not to think of any solution." I explained while scratching the back of my ear, which made her giggle.

"Can't you just... you know... simply tell them about it?" She asked.

"I don't think that even possible. No... I don't think that could work..."

"Why?"

"I... I don't know..." I hesitantly said. "I feel that... it's not a proper way to tell them..."

I told her and patted my leg lightly in discouragement. After a few seconds for me to be in my land of thoughts, and maybe for her to progress what I said, I feel her hand touch my chin, as she lifts it and guides me to look at her.

"Izumi-san, Izumi-san..." Shikimori called for me and shook her head. "Don't you remember what I said back at my home?" She asked.

"Yes, I do! I still remember!" I responded. "It's about trusting our friends, right?"

"Nice memory, Izumi-san." She said, but without waiting for me to speak anything, she continued. "But now you're here talking about unable to find a way to tell them." She then let out a sigh, which was followed by my sigh, as well. She must be having the same feeling as me: low-spirited. "Izumi-san, can I ask you some questions? Just some simple one?"

"S-Sure! Please do!"

"Do you trust me, Izumi-san?" Shikimori asked me. Having heard her question, we both stop on our track. I stand still on my ground and stare deep into her eyes for a few seconds.

"... O-Of course! Why don't I?" I stuttered, hoping that was enough to satisfy her.

"Okay... Very straightforward, I like it..." She nodded her head, and I could catch a sight of her little smile with a tint of blush on her face. However, she coughs in her hand to get back her composure and continues. "Now, for the next question..."